Album Artwork keeps getting mixed up

greggov

Aug 25, 2008
Visit site
I have an iPhone 5s running 7.0.4.

Recently I've noticed that a lot of album artwork was being mixed up randomly on the device (it shows correctly in iTunes on my PC). At first I attributed it to iTunes Match which I had enabled. I could never get it to "just work" right, and really wish there was a way to force refresh from the device, or clear a cache or something. Anyway, turned that off and went back to syncing the old fashioned way. All was well for a while.

This morning I noticed that an album I purchased FROM iTunes is displaying the wrong album art. I don't even know how that happened. It shows fine on the PC.

I've tried shutting down the normal way and turning it back on, and I've also tried doing the "hard" restart by holding the power and home buttons, hoping this would help force some sort of cache clearing. No dice on either method.

Anyone else seeing similar issues? Is there a way to prevent this? Or is the Music player just that buggy on this build of iOS?

Thanks in advance for any help.

barrcuda70

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried getting the album artwork off of Google images and pasting it on all those songs for the album? That works for me when I was having issues

greggov

Aug 25, 2008
Visit site
Have you tried getting the album artwork off of Google images and pasting it on all those songs for the album? That works for me when I was having issues

I will try this when I get home. I just assumed that since this particular album was purchased directly from iTunes it would always show correctly. And it's strange too that it shows correctly on my iTunes on my PC. Seems the cache/database on the device is all screwy.

barrcuda70

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I will try this when I get home. I just assumed that since this particular album was purchased directly from iTunes it would always show correctly. And it's strange too that it shows correctly on my iTunes on my PC. Seems the cache/database on the device is all screwy.

You can highlight all the songs and add the album artwork to do it faster. One last thing when searching for the album art I usually go 500*500 size.

Derrick4Real

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I have this problem. i've had it for months. nothing fixes it not even deleting all the music and readding them. and i've tried all the things on the web about deleting database files and using 3rd party software to delete artwork folders. done it all. None of it solves the problem permanently. As soon as you try to add files eventually it will screw up all your artwork again. And this is like a 4 year old unresolved issue with apple devices.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77