Votes: 38 32.2%
  • No, it's terrible!

Votes: 5 4.2%

• Total voters

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
@ zerog46

Having used the Touch-ID for I while, I completely agree with your comment.

I have found a vast improvement in the success rate if I use the 'ball' of my thumb or finger. I am sure getting to like it better now!

RobertAdams313

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
It works good for me and at times it would either fail or just not recognize me holding my finger there which on my next lock it works again but I think it might be due to the smudges

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Perfect here. Do you put your finger inside your nose? May be you just have something else on your finger and it shouldn't be there :D

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I've come late into this convo but my experience with Touch ID has been very positive.

No problem at all.

Sent from my AWESOME gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk

molefonken

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
No problems at all after almost three weeks. A little tip is to setup 2 prints of the finger you use the most. Gets more accurate on different angles. Love it.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Only issue I have had - if my finger is extremely dry, it sometimes takes two tries...

I was noticing this yesterday. I added a second reading of the thumb I use most and now it opens on the first try. So now I have a normal print and a dry print. Lol. It worked. 😜

Sent using Tapatalk

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Touch I'd is amazing and now on 3 months have never experienced any issues...love it

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I have yet to get the fingerprint ID to work as it should, I think the line of work I am in with dirty hands all the time affects the ID process.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I removed the original fingers a few weeks ago. The new registrations have been working perfectly. Think I also now have a better "feel" for how much pressure and finger/thumb surface area is needed to accurately engage the sensor and home button.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I forget that I have Touch ID. I had it turned off for the longest time, then decided to turn it back on. Even now, 9 times out of 10 I plug in my 4 digit code. The only time I have noticed that I use it is when I buy music.