5S home button clicking

Pete Lao

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Everything in your post is wrong. My power button does not rattle when taking video or ever. Just because someone else likes the sound of a clicking home button does not make them self absorb. Also my 5 nor 5S have a yellow tint. Furthermore I have not seen anyone's who's is. If yours is suffering from any of these have it swapped, kid that's not an option and it bothers you that much get another phone altogether.

I don't understand how the rattling power button and the click'y home button doesn't bother some people.

Even if they do not take away from the phones functionality, these issues give the phone a cheapend feel.

With such an expensive phone these issues will always linger in the back of my head.

Call me nitpicky but there are certain cases I will avoid because they feature an exposed power button. I cringe when I hear or feel that thing wiggling around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else have their home/touch id button click when you press it. It feels like it's harder to press down and it has a very audible click. Everything works fine though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
You know what... Mine does too exactly what you are describing and I decided to do absolutely nothing about it because there are way too may people that have the same thing. To me it is neither an issue or a problem and my 5S works flawlessly and has since the day I have owned in since Nov.
Sometimes you ignore what you think there is something wrong and just take what in your words work fine to the OP of course this is directed. When it works don't mess with it and don't worry about it. Simple as that. Good luck with your new phone. :)

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
In order for me to hear any clicking I have to hold my 5S up to my ear.

I don't have any loose buttons.
Maybe I got lucky. I've had every S iPhone and only one developed a issue. The 3S I had the headphone jack cut out.

I tried a family members 5S a while back and couldn't hear the clicking. I got mine about 3 days after launch my family got it October 31.

RobertAdams313

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Now since I had the phone more it seemed like it would only happen when it was in the cold weather for some time other than that it was fine. Since I stay in my heated car it haven't had that issue in a while and the phone still works flawlessly and I love it.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I have no issues at all with my 5s. I've only had it a day but no issues. It feels extremely well made. I did have an issue with the clicking home button on my 5 a while ago. I took it in and they replaced the screen. The button worked perfect after that. If I end up with any issues like that with this phone I will take it in. I've only had a couple issues over the years and Apple always takes care of the problem. Great service.

Sent from my iPhone 5s

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand how the rattling power button and the click'y home button doesn't bother some people.

Even if they do not take away from the phones functionality, these issues give the phone a cheapend feel.

With such an expensive phone these issues will always linger in the back of my head.

Call me nitpicky but there are certain cases I will avoid because they feature an exposed power button. I cringe when I hear or feel that thing wiggling around.

I've always had clicky home buttons on my iPhones, even my iPod touch had a clicky home button. It doesn't bother me. So long as it works. Reminds me of the kindle keyboard 3rd gen. There was all this hoo hah about them creaking. Many people got theirs replaced. I didn't bother. After 2 years it was still working as well as it did the day I bought it. It hadn't fallen apart. I suppose we are all different and if it bothers you, you should get it replaced.

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Mine clicks when I unlock the phone. I use assistive touch so I only hear the home button click on unlock.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
This appears to be a normal issue. If it really is an issue at all. There's other threads on this topic. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Heyabuddy

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
I made this account specifically to answer your question, hopefully. So today, I changed the lcd/screen on an iPhone 5s, as you may know, you have to place the home button from the cracked screen to the new one. I took the screen off about 5 times before I fixed the home button. You see, the home button has a little rubber gasket around it, you can see it when you take the screen off with the suction cup and disconnect the home button fingerprint sensor connector. You then lift the screen up slightly, to about a 45 degree angle (be careful not to lift it to much as bending can break the cables) to expose the home button assembly. After you take off the shield, you can see this rubber gasket. Take the home button out and straighten the gasket so no part of it will be folded, so you can see the gasket being almost uniform all the way around the button. If some part of it is folded under, this will cause the button to be sort of hard to press, and it won't make the slight clicking noise as it should. To fix this, you should simply straighten out the gasket. It doesn't end here though. To fix the super-clicky button, you would adjust how much you tighten the shield that holds the home button in place, as this directly affects how hard/easy the home button will be to press and whether it will click. So after you straighten out the gasket, put the shield back on. You can always see how the home button will be without assembling the phone all the way back together, just hold the screen and press the button. My problem was that the home button was too hard to press and it didn't click at all, the solution was to loosen up the shield. I hope this helps somebody... Reply below if you will have questions.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77