Any chipping/Knicks on the space gray units?

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Any issues like they had with the 5 as far as chips and knicks showing up on the dark colored units?

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm kinda worried of it getting chips and scratches, which was why it would go with white maybe. But maybe the gray will hold up a lot better?

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Any issues like they had with the 5 as far as chips and knicks showing up on the dark colored units?

Ok, I had the black 5 and now have the gray 5S.

Out of the box, I inspected my 5 and only found one minor flaw(very small and had to search for it, and this was a launch day 5). The 5S was perfect out of the box.

The big difference to me was during use. Within one hour of opening the 5, I had a 1/2 inch scuff on one of the angled edges from trying on a case. I decided to not use a case since a case can scratch it, and one year later I had plenty of scuffs all along the edges. Pics are in my old for sale thread in the marketplace. I just accepted it, and bought AppleCare + so I didn't have to worry.

So far the gray 5S has not scratched in the same areas as the 5. Only time will tell, but I can tell you that the texture feels different and the angled edges are shinny so maybe something changed. Also, they changed color for a reason so we will see but only time will tell. And I am rolling with only a screen protector.

Sent from my iPad

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2