Any issues with your iphone 5s?

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't have an issue with my iPhone 5s. Just YouTube has been acting funny. When I try load a video it mostly says " playback error. So I close the app then launch it again. Same thing.
So I tried YouTube on Safari and it works fine.
I'm thinking maybe there is a bug in iOS 7. Or YouTube is not compatible with iOS 7.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
For me, it?s at least as good, if not better. I can go through the day and end up some 14-15 hours later with still having above 40% charge left...

I want to see Irish's battery life she's had off the charts amazing life with her 5! So jelly!

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Got mine yesterday and played with it all night (I'm such a kid). No issues so far. I haven't seen it mentioned but there's a iOS 7 update 7.0.1.
When I synced my 5s to iTunes to restore as I had my 4s the update was there. I haven't had Safari crash like I was on my 4s.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Got mine yesterday and played with it all night (I'm such a kid). No issues so far. I haven't seen it mentioned but there's a iOS 7 update 7.0.1.
When I synced my 5s to iTunes to restore as I had my 4s the update was there. I haven't had Safari crash like I was on my 4s.

iOS 7.0.1 was announced when iOS 7 dropped on 09/18. It is a patch for the phones (5C and 5S) only...

And yeah, I get the "played with it all night" thing... it’s an amazing piece of kit.

jgraves1107

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I have had a few reboot or apple logo screens. Not really a reboot. More like it hangs and goes to the logo then comes back to where I left off. New os bugs! Yay these can be fun, but I love this 5s!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

sel1965

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
The only issue I am having is with my ambient light sensor. I have my settings set to auto brightness like my iphone 5 I have an appointment to swap it out at the Sprint store. Never had an issue like this before.

hmandell48

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
After I lock my phone, I hear a strange sound after the typical locking sound. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Also, I think I may be jumping the gun, but my battery life doesn't feel as good as it should be. I'm gonna give it a week before I restore as a new phone.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Lost visual voicemail 2x but hopefully AT&T fixed it for now. My dropped calls is too many to count. Some calls I can't even complete.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Only issue I'm having is an issue with my signal and battery. Maybe it's a T-Mobile thing but the unlocked iPhone 5 was great on battery. I didn't have LTE but I had 4G on it. The TMo specific iPhone 5 was terrible on battery, I thought the 5S would be different but it's not. Then as far as signal, I was getting great signal in blocked areas but having the 5S a full day I can't say the same. I went ahead and had TMo give me another SIM card today so tomorrow I'll see what happens when I'm in class! And no, I don't use LTE, it's turned off. All I'm running on is 4G or HSPA+.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
so far ok. It came to me with almost 80% on it, and I just d/l all my apps, activated, etc. and its just below 50. I am going to let it die before I recharge to full though.

rednocturne307

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
The only issue I'm having is my 5s will not pick up LTE. It did when I first turned it on, then after activating it did not anymore. I'm on verizon on a grandfathered unlimited data plan. Called verizon and they're not sure why it's not working. Reset network settings, removed SIM card and put it back in. Rebooted, hard reset, tried everything I can think of. May need a new sim.

07GD SFD

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I have had a few reboot or apple logo screens. Not really a reboot. More like it hangs and goes to the logo then comes back to where I left off. New os bugs! Yay these can be fun, but I love this 5s!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Same. It's happened twice now. I've already forgotten what I was doing the first time but the second time I was changing my email notifications in settings.

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
My 5S can get pretty warm when charging. More so than any phone I have owned. Not sure if this is typical or if I should exchange it.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
so far ok. It came to me with almost 80% on it, and I just d/l all my apps, activated, etc. and its just below 50. I am going to let it die before I recharge to full though.

I am at 12% now from the same initial startup. I figure when I get home I'll kill it and then connect it to the charger.

Bias reduX

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
For some reason I have a ton of "Other" data taking up my memory. I really don't want to restore the phone already.... sigh.

farb12

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Reboots, or it acts like a reboot with the apple logo popping up.

Speaker was crackling in both podcast and iTunes. A reboot fixed it.