My phone's sound stops working randomly, any solutions?

zeravla531

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi, just switched to an iPhone 5c and every now and then my sound stops working until I reset it. I never had this problem before with other iPhones. Is there any solution or fix other than resetting it? Is it maybe something i"m doing? I read something about headphones, but I haven't used any today when it happened (I did use bluetooth).

Thanks!

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi, just switched to an iPhone 5c and every now and then my sound stops working until I reset it. I never had this problem before with other iPhones. Is there any solution or fix other than resetting it? Is it maybe something i"m doing? I read something about headphones, but I haven't used any today when it happened (I did use bluetooth).

Thanks!

This may be a dumb question, and in no way am I trying to insult...but is the silence switch turned on?

I am assuming that isn't the case since you are resetting the phone and it is working, so I personally would make a genius bar appointment. I don't use nor know much about bluetooth to advise in that category. Best of luck and keep us posted!

zeravla531

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
This may be a dumb question, and in no way am I trying to insult...but is the silence switch turned on?

I am assuming that isn't the case since you are resetting the phone and it is working, so I personally would make a genius bar appointment. I don't use nor know much about bluetooth to advise in that category. Best of luck and keep us posted!

No, definitely not an insult. I work in a cell phone store and I see people come in frequently because they did not realize there's a silence switch or that they accidently turned on Do Not Disturb mode.

Yeah, i may have to schedule an appointment with Apple.

Thanks

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Try swiping up from the bottom of your screen and look and see if you still have bluetooth on and the device is not on or connected since you said you did use it.