Need to reset. Home button broke forgot password....

suburbicide

Dec 28, 2016
Visit site
My sister gave me her old iphone 5s. Used it for a bit but was given her old charger cable which eventually died. Instead of getting a new one I went back to using my iphone 4. Now I have a new charger cable for the 5s but forgot my passcode. Im now locked out for 60 minutes after trying a few combinations that didnt work. The home button on the phone doesnt work so I cant reset it with the home key+top button method. I dont have the phone sync'd with any of my computers so I cannot reset it that way. When Itunes comes up it asks if I want to sync (which I say continue) and then it asks for me to respond on my iphone, which I cant because im locked out. Am I out of luck with trying to get back into this phone? Can anyone offer some help?

Last edited:

suburbicide

Dec 28, 2016
Visit site
If I can reset the phone I can access it that way, thought it will have been wiped clean and im fine with that. The broken home button is really screwing things up for me on doing that though..

darius_robin

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Oh, and I forgot to mention, the home + power button method only does a soft reset (the phone will not be wiped clean, but only restarted). You will have to unlock the phone and go to settings for a hard reset (data clean). So the only way is to try and remember your passcode.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2