Storage

MykyPU

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
My phone is saying I've used 5.8Gb, but when I add up everything in the list, it comes to less than 2.5. I regularly send all my pics and vids to my Dropbox and delete them, there is no music on there either. What am I missing?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Emails also take space. Especially those with photos and videos. App cache takes space. Check your apps in "usage" in your settings. See if some have grown big. Facebook is bad about that. To get rid of excess cache, delete the app, then install it back. Notes in the Notes app take space. Some of it could be what is called "other". It's mostly broken files, old cache, and other junk. Sometimes "other" can take a lot of space. The remedy for that is to restore your phone as new. But that's a last resort measure. Check everything else first. Good luck.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
My phone is saying I've used 5.8Gb, but when I add up everything in the list, it comes to less than 2.5. I regularly send all my pics and vids to my Dropbox and delete them, there is no music on there either. What am I missing?

Plug it into iTunes and check the usage bar. That will show you how much you are using grouped into categories, including one called "Other". "Other" on my iPhone is currently at 1.4GB. The only way to clear that out that I'm aware of is to wipe the device and restore as a new iPhone.

If you're still on iOS prior to 8.0.2, you likely have the update patch downloaded already to the phone, and that would be taking up some of that space. Also, I believe, crash/dump logs and other miscellaneous items.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77