If i hand in a blocked iPhone 5 to the Apple store what will they do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Someone should edit the first post to reflect reality...

"Hey guys, I stole an iPhone...can anyone tell me if I'll get in trouble if I sell it for parts on eBay or if they can trace it back to me through Apple? You think if I take it to Apple and tell them someone blocked my iPhone that they'll give me a replacement that I can sell and then do this all again next week? Thanks."

You raise a REALLY good point. For all we know, this guy just flat out *stole* the phone and now giving the "hey guys, I (air quotes) found (/air quotes) this phone just lying around in blocked mode, making it hard for me to sell it on the street. What can I do to still make a quick buck?"

What's most stunning is that they actually registered on an forum to get ideas how to offload the stolen goods like it's not even a big deal!

I almost think this is worthy of an IP check to see if we can track this guy down. Are the mods able to do something like this?

Padron26

May 3, 2012
Visit site
They would have to report this to law enforcement first then they would take the next step.

But you or anyone else can report this to the forum moderators

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The beauty, I've found, with the iPhone (and really any modern smart phone) is the picture snapping ability it has after it's been stolen...Reddit is full of posts where people lost either their iPhone or iPad, and then the pictures that were taken afterwards (either of the person's face, or by ***** thieves who go out and start taking pictures with it after they've stolen it) is hilarious...and knowing that many times, it leads to an arrest and return of the goods, it's very satisfying too.

I don't know that this thread warrants a witch hunt like that, but the lack of replies combined with the subject matter certainly make it a sketchy situation.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The OP made ONE post 2 days ago and haven't replied since. Various members gave him advice on what to do. He is NOT continuing to pursue the issue here at iMore and we have no way of knowing what he has done or has decided to do with the found device. As far as we know, he could've turned the found device over to law enforcement personnel. We simply do not know and continuing to persecute the guy with limited information is pointless, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2