Switching to iPhone, how to backup contacts on Z10?

hockey1299

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I currently have a Z10 but it will be sold tomorrow. And I nee to know how to transfer my contacts and pictures to my iPhone 5.. Thanks

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to backup contacts?

if you can't figure it out, set up a meeting with the genius bar, at your local apple store. (use the apple store app to find store and set up meeting) They can transfer all your stuff and they'll do it for free. They'll also help you get started if you're lost. one of the reasons I like apple is their top notch, hands on customer service.

hockey1299

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site

Ok but I still have my z10 I need to transfer my contacts as I'm getting the iPhone 5 tomorrow. I need help please.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Are you syncing the Z10 to Gmail or any other provider? Then all you need do is set up that same account on the new iPhone, and it will sync everything all by itself... or if you're syncing the Z10 to your computer... you can set up syncing from the computer to iCloud... then set up the new iPhone to your iCloud.

hockey1299

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site

Ok.. But i logged on my iCloud on the website and manually added the new contacts that iCloud didnt have so now its saved correct? Also Is IntouchApp good? I downloaded it on my Z10 backed up all my contacts. Apple app store has the same app so when i get the iPhone 5 tommorrow i can use that app to restore my contacts correct?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

If you've got everything you want in iCloud, when you add that iCloud account to your new iPhone, everything will sync to the phone.

hockey1299

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site

Ya I do. How do i import my pictures from my Z10 to my iphone 5? It's on a SD Card and some is on the device.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Ya I do. How do i import my pictures from my Z10 to my iphone 5? It's on a SD Card and some is on the device.

Transfer them to a computer and use iTunes to sync them to the iPhone

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

hockey1299

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site

Ok.. Would there be a way transferring my text messages to my iphone 5 from the Z10? Or do I have to start clean in the message app?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Ok.. Would there be a way transferring my text messages to my iphone 5 from the Z10? Or do I have to start clean in the message app?

That's where you'll be running into a brick wall. Nothing you can do to carry text threads to the iPhone. You've got your contacts down though. Which is good.

hockey1299

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site

So transferring my Text messages to the iPhone can't do? I have my contacts backed up and my photos and videos on my sd card still

Ahalya Reddy

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site

InstaContacts App

InstaContacts is an intuitive and powerful app which redefine the way you store, organize and share contacts. Backup (save) your phone contacts on a secure cloud and restore (update) back any time. Transforms your phone into a business card and share your contact easily. Securely transfer or receive contacts to and from your friends using QR or Bump. Never lose a contact again!
App Features:
‣Business Card : Converts all your information into a business card and carry with your phone
‣Share Contact : Share via QR Scan. No internet connection required
‣Bump Support : Exchange contact just by bumping the phones
‣Save Contacts : Backup all your contacts to Secure Cloud
‣Update Contacts: Restore contacts on any phone, with the app installed
‣Web Interface : Organize contacts in a much easier way
Insta Contacts convert all your information into a business card. Carry your business card with you always. Share your Contact information easily by QR Scan. No need for internet connection. There is an option to share contacts via Bumping two phones simply. Backup all your contacts in InstaContacts secure cloud. Transfer the contacts between any two phones. Access all your contacts right from the App. View and Update contacts using the InstaContacts Web Interface

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/instacontacts-app/id684764862?ls=1&mt=8&at=10l3Vy

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

So transferring my Text messages to the iPhone can't do? I have my contacts backed up and my photos and videos on my sd card still

There is no import feature for cross platforms for text messages .. Only way to save messages would be backing up and restoring from one iPhone to another .. ... If you could find some software to extract the text on a PC you could email it to yourself and at lest have it on your iPhone to reference those conversations if need be at least until your sure you no longer need them.

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Kaitokomauri

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

No way to transfer text messages from BB to iPhone that I know of. I think (almost sure) this is not possible.

EDIT: try this - http://www.copytrans.net/support/transfer-blackberry-contacts-to-iphone/

Regarding contacts, I did not get it exactly, how did you transfer your Z10 contacts to your computer in first place. I did not find a way to do this at all. Older BB models such as the Bold had it easy via the BB Desktop software but this is not available for the Z10.

Last edited:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Yes I'm stuck.. Only way I did it was I added my contacts all 576 manually to ICloud -_-

Next time you're in a jam like that just sync your contacts to a gmail, yahoo, or outlook account. Then when you're looking at the contacts on a desktop just export them to your desktop and then open iCloud.com to import that csv file you just exported. Beats inputting 576 contacts manually.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77