Noticed while Traveling

jugghead62

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Thought I would mention this because all I ever here from Friends is that their are so many more Androids than IPhones, it is simply funny.

Really?

We just got back from Alaska, went to Chicago, then to Fairbanks, down the cost, stopped in Juneau, Ketchikan, Seward, North Pole, Hoohah and Skagway.
On the way back we went to Vancouver, then to Oregon, Chicago and home.

Even my wife noticed that the majority, ( I would say 15 - 1 ratio ) had some version of the Iphone versus Android.
Please know we had several layovers in Chicago, Oregon, Vancouver and all in between. Even on the Cruise Ship we saw a huge majority of Iphone users.
And we met people from France, Germany, Asia, Spain. (The only android on the cruise we saw was from Asia).

Now I am not saying this is best for everyone, but it seemed to me that Apple isn't as far south as many people are always saying. I continue to hear people bashing Apple.
Let's face it. They started the Phone revolution and everyone else has simply jumped on board.

Now, all I know is mine works flawlessly and I have never had issues with it.

Plus I use it to accept CC for my business as well and the interface is so clean and easy to use.

Just wanted to vent. TIred of the Android fanboys claiming superiority.
If they were superior, I would have seen the ratio reversed wouldn't I?

Thanks for letting me vent.

Great products!
Apple A+:yes:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's not that they are wrong, it could simply be what they see in the area or areas they frequent.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
There are more iPhone's on the market than any of the major Android phone players individually...across the spectrum though, it is true, there are more Android devices out there vs. the iPhone because, quite simply, 95% of phones on the market from the bottom barrel junk to the top end smart phone offerings run some variant of Android OS. That's what happens when you slap your operating system on literally ANYTHING that doesn't run Windows, iOS or BB.

zeteo

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Of course if apple came out with 50 variants of iOS that dynamic may change. The iOS and iPhone is still the best!!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
What you experienced during your travels was a bad case of "see what you want to see". As of May 2013, over 52% of Americans use Android phones, while 39% use an iOS (iphone) phone.

lol, finally after saturating the market with a new android device every 3 months they finally moved ahead of the One iPhone per year

*bravo*

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I see mostly iProducts going from home to work and back. I live in NJ (Northern) and work in the city (Times Square) . It's rare for me to see an Android device, except at work, where we sell 90% Android devices! I sell more iPhone devices though. Galaxy S4 comes in a distant 2nd (sells a lot, just not near iPhone).

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
From my casual observations while I travelling, the iPhone (as a group 3GS, 4, 4S, 5) is consistently the most popular device. Where you'll find some differences is in the other devices. I was recently in Southern California and noticed that there were a lot of iPhones, followed by a good amount of Android phones and feature phones. Back home here in Vancouver, there are a lot of iPhones, with Android and BlackBerries forming the other category.

Paradocks

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't comscore measure the industry's sell-in vs apples sell through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Per the link, the numbers are extrapolated through online surveys of actual smartphone owners:

MobiLens data is derived from an intelligent online survey of a nationally representative sample of mobile subscribers age 13 and older. Data on mobile phone usage refers to a respondent?s primary mobile phone and does not include data related to a respondent?s secondary device.

Sent from somewhere

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77