POLL: Would You Be Interested In A Water-Resistant iPhone?

Would You Be Interested In A Water-Resistant iPhone?

• Definitely Yes

Votes: 21 60.0%
  • Possibly

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Not sure

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 20.0%

• Total voters

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
There's a nice article via the iMore Blog that focuses on this question. Would you be interested in a water resistant iPhone? My answer is YES, who wouldn't? Anyway, what say you? Please vote in the above poll as well as state your opinion below. Also, when you get a chance, check out the article via the iMore Blog. Would you be interested in a water resistant iPhone? [Poll] | iMore.com

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
It's a cool feature, but I'm much more interested in better features and hardware. I have my case for protection.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

piranhadonna

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I say yes as well. My husband needed this a few weeks ago. Had his phone in his swim trunks pocket and forgot about it when he got in the pool.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's a cool feature, but I'm much more interested in better features and hardware. I have my case for protection.

​Of course, but aside from that, a water-resistant device is a plus...:)

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I say yes as well. My husband needed this a few weeks ago. Had his phone in his swim trunks pocket and forgot about it when he got in the pool.

This almost happened to me on several occasions.

I once fell in the pool with an old Nokia. Lesson: don't work around the pool with your phone in your pocket.

Anyway, yes I would be interested in a water resistant phone.

Good Luck

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I'd be interested if the trade offs weren't much. Screen quality, camera, etc. Oh and AppleCare (not plus) would have to cover water dmg. You can't sell a waterproof phone and not stand behind it.

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site

It's not meant to be a "cool" feature it's a feature I would use often in the rain and other situations. This is a big deal.

count123

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
So I got a Lifeproof Nuud case today! I'm lovin' it! I can finally be waterproof and have my retina display as well. Words can't express the joy I feel! Waterproof is a big deal for me (having dropped two phones in the toilet) so I've been all over lifeproof since I've had iPhones. Always was unhappy with that cheesy plastic screen cover. But today, today is a new day! I'm having my cake and I'm eating it! Woohoo!!!! Yayyyy meeee!!!

Am I the only who thinks this is a modern miracle?

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
If Apple could pull it off with keeping the iconic design we all know and love for the iPhone I would say yes! But I don't think that could happen I could only seeing this being done an additional device being manufactured and I really don't want to see Apple going the Samsung route and making a bunch of different variants of iPhone. I say use a case that offers water protection.

Sent from Jack Bauer's PDA.

Chris Kerrigan

May 14, 2013
Visit site
If Apple could pull it off with keeping the iconic design we all know and love for the iPhone I would say yes! But I don't think that could happen I could only seeing this being done an additional device being manufactured and I really don't want to see Apple going the Samsung route and making a bunch of different variants of iPhone. I say use a case that offers water protection.

Sent from Jack Bauer's PDA.

This is pretty much how I feel as well. If there is a way to do it without compromising the design, then I'm all in. But I don't know if that would be the case. I love the look and feel of the 5, especially when it's not in a case.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I said YES also. That would be a great additional feature to have indeed. Sure, there's the LifeProof case as well as the Atlas by Incipio...just to name a couple. But along with using those cases, something gets compromised-the sound quality. I don't know about the Atlas, but last year I bought a white LifeProof for my 4S & at first I loved it - I thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread :p lol. But I have a hearing problem in one of my ears & having the case on made the sound muffled where I was missing some notifications:( I've never used it since, & it was out of the return period to get a refund...

So, if a water resistant feature were to be introduced, I'd def be happy about that !

Paradocks

May 5, 2012
Visit site
If you are going to do it, do it right. Slapping a water resistant case on an iPhone will still not allow you to submerge the phone to take underwater pictures. The S4 Active and others like it are designed so that you can take close up shots of Charlie the Tuna. I think it would be awesome if Apple would design a phone from scratch that was meant to be used underwater. Sadly, with Apple's current one phone a year strategy, I don't see that happening.

Sent from somewhere

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I definitely would like an iPhone "Active" (similar to what Samsung has done with the S4). In my career, I find myself in situations where I have to be in a downpour or at least traveling through it by foot and it would be nice to have no worries about water damage (not that i do now really, but having that security blanket would be nice).

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
So I got a Lifeproof Nuud case today! I'm lovin' it! I can finally be waterproof and have my retina display as well. Words can't express the joy I feel! Waterproof is a big deal for me (having dropped two phones in the toilet) so I've been all over lifeproof since I've had iPhones. Always was unhappy with that cheesy plastic screen cover. But today, today is a new day! I'm having my cake and I'm eating it! Woohoo!!!! Yayyyy meeee!!!

Am I the only who thinks this is a modern miracle?

I don't understand how you drop them in the toilet. Seriously.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234