Managing Parental Controls
I am having trouble setting up Parental Controls for my daughter and hoping I can get some help. I am okay with my daughter having some 17+ apps on her phone but I don't want her to be able to download new 17+ apps without my oversight. Every time I enable the restriction my daughter looses access to the 17+ apps that I have allowed her to download and that I approve of. Is there a way to setup the parental controls to only restrict the download of new apps that exceed the rating criteria and still allows access to the 17+ apps I have previously allowed my daughter to download?
- 06-27-2013, 08:27 AM #2
Re: Managing Parental Controls
Darn, that is disappointing. I am new to the iOS environment but have a lot of experience with Android. From a parental controls standpoint I am observing that iOS has better native parental controls, but that comes with limited flexibility made available by Apple. Android has almost no native parental controls, but there are some killer apps (e.g. Smart App Protector, Ever Accountable, K9, etc.) that allow pinpoint precision parental control. I am still happy with my move to iOS, but count me as one hoping Apple begins offering more flexibility. My son still has an Android device and I feel I need more control over his phone than my daughter. That said I don't think I can support him acquiring an iOS device.
- By xybadog in forum iTunesReplies: 1Last Post: 06-26-2013, 02:15 PM
- By mrcrader in forum iOS 7Replies: 5Last Post: 06-25-2013, 09:30 PM
- By keke Cai in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 06-25-2013, 08:11 AM
- By psvdw in forum SiriReplies: 2Last Post: 06-24-2013, 10:48 AM
- By heberman in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 2Last Post: 06-22-2013, 04:55 PM