notifications problems while phone is in standby

Jagss

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
i recently purchased the 5 and ive been noticing an issue that sometimes the phone won't receive messages or notifications in standby and that i'll have to push the home or lock button to wake it up and then my notifications get stacked. this happens on both wifi and lte/3g with great signal... anyone else experience this??

bahandi

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Yikes! I think the generic advice you would get from this forum is to take it in and get it replaced under warranty.

Hopefully, someone comes along and gives better advice than that.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I would definitely contact Apple on this, if you have a local Apple store make an appt and stop in to see them. It could be a carrier related issue or something in the device itself but the hard part in trouble shooting random things is well their random. I had that issue with a phone and the Verizon person I had to deal with was, well a challenge to put it nicely. That is one thing I do prefer about iOS devices is I don't have to deal with the carrier tech support that knows far, far less than I do about the devices I use. The forums are typically a great place to post and get advice about. I would also post this over on a few other forums you may already be visiting like Macrumors.com to see if anyone else has been having this issue. Sometimes you need a larger base of users to get advice from.

Jagss

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
To ask the obvious question: are you sure you aren't just missing the initial notifications?

yah im sure, like the phone will be on my desk and i'll press the home button and like 3 secs later bang 5 text messages from 3 different people and a couple email notifications