Recover recently deleted texts or contact w/o backup?

Benny987

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Hello iMore. I have searched and searched on the web and can't find a solution to my problem. Here's my issue; I had received a text message early in the morning, it was deleted as well as the number. Since I got the text I hadn't synced my iPhone, I thought I had synced it when I originally put the number in but I tried to restore from that backup and it wasn't there. I tried using a software that was on the web but it would stop about 10% in and say its not responding. I'm assuming it says that because my iPhone is jailbroken, but I'm not positive that's the reason. I tried UndeleteSMS on Cydia and that worked but it had texts going back to 2007 and they're in no order nor did they provide the number all the time, so that's a dead end. I heard something about taking my SMS.db file from my phone and uploading it to my computer to show the data. I called verizon and they said on my verizon I could see text usage even if it was deleted, well that guy was dead wrong because the text wasn't there. I use BiteSMS for texting and that's where the text was deleted from but I don't think that makes a difference. What I need is some type of solution to recover either the number or the text message. I really don't even need the content of the message, just the number from it. Any solutions would be extremely appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Was that phone number ever stored in your phone as a contact?
If so, when you go to create a new message in the messages app,
start typing out the name of that deleted contact and your phone
still may have it as a recent contact.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Was that phone number ever stored in your phone as a contact?
If so, when you go to create a new message in the messages app,
start typing out the name of that deleted contact and your phone
still may have it as a recent contact.

This is true actually and sort of a pain. I still have not figured out how to get rid of those numbers short of a complete restore to new phone.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
This is true actually and sort of a pain. I still have not figured out how to get rid of those numbers short of a complete restore to new phone.

Tell me about it. Did a brand new restore over the weekend just to avoid seeing a person
come out in my recents list.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Tell me about it. Did a brand new restore over the weekend just to avoid seeing a person
come out in my recents list.

It has saved me in the past as well by being able to get a number I deleted. But in general I can see it doing more harm than good.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77