iPhone 5, FaceTime's ringtone too low

anon(4706822)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I have been having this issue since I got my iPhone 5. A few time I have placed FaceTime calls and/or have received them but miss them due to not hearing the ringtone. So, last night I tried it again with the phone's ring volume set to the middle and when I placed a call the outgoing ring was barely audible.

I have seen posts in Apple Support forums stating people having the same issue. I cannot seem to correct this and I have even restore my phone "as a new phone" to see if that helped. No luck.

What can I do? Or is this just a software bug? :confused:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Honestly I think it's just the tone it uses that is really low and there is nothing you can do to change it. Not sure why Apple does not allow you to change it like a normal ringtone.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I remember it being as loud as my ringtone before when I had my iPhone 4 a couple months ago.

I don't recall any of my iPhones ringing (FaceTime) that loudly. Ever. That's just me though. Then again, what I consider to be low may be something completely different than what you think.

zeteo

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I would have to agree with the OP. I too have experienced the same thing. I don;t use FB all that often, but it seems to me that some calls are while others tend to be very soft!

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I remember it ringing way louder as well, back on my 4S... with the 5 and/or switching to iOS 6, seems like the Factime ring tone (when dial OUT) is super low (as in not loud)....

pl0323

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I have been having this issue since I got my iPhone 5. A few time I have placed FaceTime calls and/or have received them but miss them due to not hearing the ringtone. So, last night I tried it again with the phone's ring volume set to the middle and when I placed a call the outgoing ring was barely audible.

I have seen posts in Apple Support forums stating people having the same issue. I cannot seem to correct this and I have even restore my phone "as a new phone" to see if that helped. No luck.

What can I do? Or is this just a software bug? :confused:

In Facetime open a contact, at the top on the right side click Edit. Move down to ring tone and change it to a louder tone.

Last edited:

pl0323

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Open Facetime click contact, top right click edit, page down to ringtone and select louder ringtone. You may have to do this for all contacts?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711