Reception issues?

Nepaiphone

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
I seem to have shady reception on my 5, my wife has great reception on her 4 in the same spot. Could a SIM cause this issue? I would rather not loose my flawless iPhone and have to have it replaced. So does anyone know if the SIM card can cause this type of reception problem.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
SIM cards can cause issues like that, but as far as i remember, most of those issues would come from the card itself being positioned improperly in the tray and not making a proper connection (or obviously if the SIM is bad in the first place).

A SIM card causing reception issues would typically be the exception and not the rule though, and i would certainly look to other issues before focusing on that card.

Are you trying to connect to LTE? 4G? Edge? Have you tried turning off LTE and trying to use the 4G service only to see how it stands up vs. the 4 you said gets great quality?

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
LTE is most likely your problem. If you are indoors and notice your signal change a couple times I wouldn't worry. Even with low bars on my phone I get like 20+mb speeds.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77