I have had this happen to me a couple of times. I will lock my phone (as I've always done since the original Iphone) and I will pull it out of my pocket and see that it's unlocked and an icon will be pushed. Is anyone else experiencing this?
    09-27-2012 11:29 PM
    Can't say that I have...but I am interested to see if anyone else has this problem.
    09-27-2012 11:31 PM
    I'm not sure how that could happen. You'd have to push the button on top and then slide the slider across the screen then push an icon... seems difficult/unlikely.
    09-27-2012 11:42 PM
    Never.....
    09-28-2012 12:20 AM
    Make sure your auto lock is on
    09-28-2012 01:52 AM
    Oh its happened. I've had the iPhone since the original came out in 2007 and have gotten the new one every year. Not a big deal, just thought it was kind of strange.
    09-28-2012 06:01 AM
    My wife's iPhone 5 is unlocking itself in her pocket, even with the passcode enabled. This is annoying but even more so her power drops from 70% to 40% for the 2-3 hours she is not using it and leaving it in her pocket. Additionally her Safari icon will move from the docked area and be placed randomly on another page. I have reviewed the phones settings and she does have one of the Accessibility features turned on. I have read on other forums that iOS 6 may have a bug, which may cause the iPhone to unlock itself in pocket. The recommended fix is to disable all Accessibility features, if one still desires to carry the phone in the pocket. The other common suggestion was to ensure that screen is facing outwards.
    anon(9836705) likes this.
    10-05-2012 08:34 AM
    Set the passcode to come on immediately and shut off the phone with a quick press of the power button.

It is physical impossible for it to be accessed in her pocket.

Guaranteed.
    10-05-2012 08:42 AM
    Unless there is some problem with the phone itself or you have some setting to where the screen isn't locking properly (no clue what they might be honestly), like Tim said above, there is no way you are accidentally unlocking the phone without touching the screen where the lock bar comes up...the screen doesn't react to cloth like that, or any other "material" that isn't skin or something pretty much identical to it.

The only other variable that COULD be the culprit is the camera function, but even that requires a slide upwards (as hitting the button itself simply jiggles the screen implying that you're doing it wrong).
    10-05-2012 08:53 AM
    When I used to have an iPhone 4, it did that while I was in school and somehow, I called my friend who had a really loud ringback tone. My phone was in my pocket and I kept hearing music. It was a small discussion class in college so everyone heard it. I was thinking.. who the hell is that?! Didn't realize it was me until end of class. After that, I use a passcode on my phone and never unlocks by itself again.
    10-05-2012 07:25 PM
    I have the 5s and it is doing it to me on a regular basis. The worst is it will almost always dial out one of my recent call. If it doesn't do that than generally it just tries to dial a random number like you're just swiping the key pad. Pound and star included. My settings are auto lock 1 min and simple passcode and require passcode immediately. Only accessability feature I have on is led flash. I ALWAYS hit the top button to lock it when I put it in my pocket. It never happens with shorts only jeans
    03-24-2015 06:11 PM
    My wife's iPhone 5 is unlocking itself in her pocket, even with the passcode enabled. This is annoying but even more so her power drops from 70% to 40% for the 2-3 hours she is not using it and leaving it in her pocket. Additionally her Safari icon will move from the docked area and be placed randomly on another page. I have reviewed the phones settings and she does have one of the Accessibility features turned on. I have read on other forums that iOS 6 may have a bug, which may cause the iPhone to unlock itself in pocket. The recommended fix is to disable all Accessibility features, if one still desires to carry the phone in the pocket. The other common suggestion was to ensure that screen is facing outwards.

This happened to me the past few months. Always unlock itself while in my pocket, and my iPhone in high temperature that I can feel it from my pocket. I never feel that warm ever I play games or talk on phone for long hours. And Also ever saw it active Siri when on the table.
    Is it some app running operate behind it, exactly like you said, some app will random shuffle to other page or different location on the page. (At first , I thought my mistake that delete some useful app)

Is it someone hacking my phone or tracking my location?
    02-24-2016 05:21 AM
    This happened to me the past few months. Always unlock itself while in my pocket, and my iPhone in high temperature that I can feel it from my pocket. I never feel that warm ever I play games or talk on phone for long hours. And Also ever saw it active Siri when on the table.
    Is it some app running operate behind it, exactly like you said, some app will random shuffle to other page or different location on the page. (At first , I thought my mistake that delete some useful app)

Is it someone hacking my phone or tracking my location?
    The post you replied to is 3 years old. What phone do you have? How old is it? Have you tried a hard reset?
    Hold the top or side power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.

If that doesn't work, you may need to restore your phone as new.
    anon(9836705) likes this.
    02-24-2016 06:08 AM
    Ya, Thanks . I knew this post from past 3yrs. Why I'm here today is bcos Im facing the same problem as this thread mentioned. How can I realize my phone was unlock in pocket, because it really heat up in my pocket. So I took it out and see the screen was unlock and sometime it run some app is running on screen or calling..

At the beginning, I was thinking that I didnt lock the screen and put into pocket, and I think it again n again so I give it a try. I ddint screen lock and put in my pocket then walk around, went to shopping do some shopping, check the phone after 20-30mins. U know what?
    NOTHING HAPPENED!!! I didn't feel that heat. And non of the app was running on screen.

About the hard reset, pressing the on off button n home button for few sec, YES, I did it 2-3months ago. But it happened still last 10days. This is why Google bring me here today.

Anyway, thanks for your advise.
    02-24-2016 12:17 PM
    It happened. I happened to me several time and I can feel the phone is warm (more than warm). Put on my face , it was heat like burning your skin.
    02-24-2016 12:31 PM
    I have exactly the same problem since spring of 2016. The phone starts app's like Vuze, the camera, and siri occasionally. it is in my pocket and I also feel the heat, which is why I noticed it and of course, the battery is drained significantly.

Though some say it is impossible, it is happening for many, so there is something wrong (we all know that it shouldn't occur, but the fact is that it is occurring).

PLease share more experiences and complain in various forums to gain some attention to this. The cycling of the battery is causing the battery to fail quicker than it should.
    08-03-2016 07:45 AM
    I have exactly the same problem since spring of 2016. The phone starts app's like Vuze, the camera, and siri occasionally. it is in my pocket and I also feel the heat, which is why I noticed it and of course, the battery is drained significantly.

Though some say it is impossible, it is happening for many, so there is something wrong (we all know that it shouldn't occur, but the fact is that it is occurring).

PLease share more experiences and complain in various forums to gain some attention to this. The cycling of the battery is causing the battery to fail quicker than it should.
    What is Vuze?
    08-04-2016 02:54 PM
    Hi, I've been having the same problem with my iPhone 5s for a few months now. Somehow the phone starts videoing in my jeans pocket. Sometimes it gets so hot I can't hold it. I have spoken to Apple and they suggest placing feedback via their official site at Feedback - iPhone - Apple . This way the issue gets to the right people and not just passed around forums.
    Mine also does this in my jeans pocket and nowhere else. One suggestion has been that it may only happen because we put the phone into our pocket upside-down. I'm going to try putting g it in with the power button at the top and see what happens.
    In the meantime please use the link above to get the word out to Apple.
    09-20-2016 07:40 PM
    Hi, I've been having the same problem with my iPhone 5s for a few months now. Somehow the phone starts videoing in my jeans pocket. Sometimes it gets so hot I can't hold it. I have spoken to Apple and they suggest placing feedback via their official site at Feedback - iPhone - Apple . This way the issue gets to the right people and not just passed around forums.
    Mine also does this in my jeans pocket and nowhere else. One suggestion has been that it may only happen because we put the phone into our pocket upside-down. I'm going to try putting g it in with the power button at the top and see what happens.
    In the meantime please use the link above to get the word out to Apple.
    I have an iPhone 5S and have not experienced this at all.
    09-21-2016 08:04 PM
    I was wondering if am the only one' because everyone is so proud of their phone.
    Same thing happened to me, my phone unlocked itself in my pocket, some time after use it remains open until I caught it.
    and early in the mornings when I wake up my phone is unlocked.
    Have been nothing this problem since the government find ways to access iPhones.
    02-11-2017 08:56 AM
    Am here looking for answers because have been having this problem a lot and my iPhone is under a year lease with sprint
    02-11-2017 09:10 AM
    ...Have been nothing this problem since the government find ways to access iPhones.
    Oh for goodness sakes ...

The "government" is not accessing your iPhone. Come on!

If your phone is unlocking by itself, something else is going on. Take it to an Apple Store and have them check it.
    scruffypig likes this.
    02-11-2017 02:13 PM