Weird problem with Caller ID

darrylpierce

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Has anybody seen this? My girlfriend has a rogers iphone 4s. I have a bell iphone 5. She has caller id but my number started coming up as unknown. I checked my settings and the indicate I am set to show my id. With a little bit of help from friends we found out that her phone is showing the caller id for all Rogers cell phones and home phones, but is displaying unknown for any Bell phones.

Rogers looked at this before we made that discovery and were saying there is nothing wrong with the account. We are going to call them again now that know the phone will only display rogers numbers - but before we do I was wondering if anyone has had the same experience and solved it?

Thanks!

SOV

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
Never had any issues like that here in the US. Bad thing is you're in a situation where they are just going to point fingers back and forth.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Have you called your WSP to see if there is anything wrong with your account? With Verizon at least, I have the option to have my name and number show up or wireless caller and my number show up or unavailable show up. Can you find out if there's a feature on your account that is similar? I'm picky about privacy and only have my number and wireless caller show up

Sent from my iPhone so don't expect Tolstoy

darrylpierce

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I did try with my provider first. They said there were no issues as did hers. However, we had 3 friends who are on Rogers like her call and their ID's worked. We had 3 other friends who are on Bell like me call and they all showed up as Unknown like I do. So I'm thinking that it is on Roger's side - but figure they will say no. That's why I'm hoping this might be something that somebody has a bit of insight with.