Iphone 4s cant turn wifi on

wendybeee

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I cant turn the wifi to on, on my bro in laws iphone 4s help!

Hi robson21, Welcome to iMore ! Lets see if I can help you out a bit.
I'm assuming that you went into Settings>Wifi>and then touched the button to turn it on and 'ON' turns blue, and that button would not switch to 'ON' ? (see attached)
Once you do that any available networks should show up provided there are some, and if they are locked you would have to know the password to join that network.
Hope this helps :)

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    101.8 KB · Views: 48
  • photo1.PNG
    photo1.PNG
    145.9 KB · Views: 42

bustermin

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I cant turn the wifi to on, on my bro in laws iphone 4s help!

If you mean when you hit the "ON" button it doesn't do anything or its grayed out. I'd say do a back up and restore to see if that corrects the problem. If not maybe a hardware issue.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
You do know just to clarify although Wendy did a great job, You just have to tap the button or even slide it a bit and it will go on as Wendy indicated.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Try to reset network settings?

or

Try turning it to Airplane Mode and Rebooting. Then turn Air Plane mode back on and try WiFi
Has the device been exposed to water recently?

bustermin

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
You do know just to clarify although Wendy did a great job, You just have to tap the button or even slide it a bit and it will go on as Wendy indicated.

I agree, but I was thinking the OP meant that when they tapped or slide the ON button it did not work. Maybe I misunderstood. The OP has not responded since the original post so I assume the problem may have been resolved.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
And if what Wendy said doesn't work, check your router to make sure your wifi is working. The one here at the office goes out all the time and has to be reset. :)

cococho

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Here is the solution!

Get you hair dryier and heat over your iphone for 2 minutes until you get a warning that your phone is warm.Wait until message turns off and then try to turn your wifi on. It worked for me and never had to do this again till now.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Here is the solution!

Get you hair dryier and heat over your iphone for 2 minutes until you get a warning that your phone is warm.Wait until message turns off and then try to turn your wifi on. It worked for me and never had to do this again till now.

Where on Earth did you find this solution? Got a link or something? I'd like to see this documented/sourced... and I would put this in the "Don't try this at home" file... but that's just me...

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Where on Earth did you find this solution? Got a link or something? I'd like to see this documented/sourced... and I would put this in the "Don't try this at home" file... but that's just me...
There should be a button next to Thanks and Liked for LOL on that one. I would love to see it also.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2