4S heats up while charging overnight?

rdmedina7

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if its my phone, but has anyone has this issue?
It seems to happen every now and then.
Last night, I knocked out early after taking NyQuil (stupid cold), and m phone was at 2% when plugged in at 9:30ish PM. Woke up around 2AM as usual for no reason, and I went to check my phone and it was incredible, uncomfortably hot. Panicked and damn near broke my case to get my iPhone out to let it cool down and unplugged it. It's done it before, but it's rare.
Taking it to Apple to check it out.

Any experience this as well? Or just me being very peculiar and overlooking this?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Charging something rapidly will cause that to happen.. Probably never noticed it before...

Also what time does you iCloud back up occur? Is it fairly large. Lot's of data transmitting will cause phone to get warm but not hot..

rdmedina7

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Charging something rapidly will cause that to happen.. Probably never noticed it before...

Also what time does you iCloud back up occur? Is it fairly large. Lot's of data transmitting will cause phone to get warm but not hot..

That might be it. Well I have noticed it before, because its gotten this hot before. Yet another trip to the Apple store won't hurt, but they're probably sick of seeing me. I got my first 4S in Sept and had bad luck and this could be my 5th exchange..or 6th.
I'm just very peculiar and my OCD finds the best of me. But I swore to myself to stop being so picky and finding things wrong, and make sure this to be my LAST exchange unless there's something really wrong.
I will be paying a visit anyways though because a few times, the speaker would rattle or sound blown out when playing music without headphones, even at low volume. I need this checked. It'll rattle or sound blown and then a few minutes later it'll sound fine.

rdmedina7

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone. Glad to know I may not be the only one. But I was rejected. Because of the fact that apparently I've already done 4 or more exchanges, I have to go through expresslane.apple.com

I'm not sure if this is new, because I've heard others go through just as much or more, I think. -shrugs-

idrazz856

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
This happened to me as well luckily I was able to exchange my 4s at the Apple store with no problems. I did happen to be charging it with a iPad 2 charger so maybe that would explain it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2