Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 73
Like Tree26Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Jrome.brooks's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    658 Posts
    Global Posts
    855 Global Posts

    Default 6.0.1 and the 4s

    so far so good i notice my internet is faster no battery drain yet
    what but you ??? iMore family
  2. #2  
    Spat's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    104 Posts

    Default 6.0.1 and the 4s

    ---
  3. #3  
    JustMe'D's Avatar

    Posts
    20,049 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,279 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default 6.0.1 and the 4s

    My 4S running iOS 6.0.1 is running quite well and my battery life is conducive to my manner of use. ..
  4. #4  
    ThePinkChameleon's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    4,329 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,074 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.1.1

    Default 6.0.1 and the 4s

    I also just upgraded yesterday and I LOVE the new layout and added features. So far my battery is doing fine according to my usage as well !! I even used my Passbook for my Walgreens card this evening for the first time
    iHeartMyPINKalicious5C~iPadAir~MBPretina
    *drink that Kool-Aid, follow my lead. now you're one of us, you're coming with me*
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    Jrome.brooks's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    658 Posts
    Global Posts
    855 Global Posts

    Default Re: 6.0.1 and the 4s

    Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    I also just upgraded yesterday and I LOVE the new layout and added features. So far my battery is doing fine according to my usage as well !! I even used my Passbook for my Walgreens card this evening for the first time
    still havent used passbook :-(( what are the new features on the upgrade?
  6. #6  
    JustMe'D's Avatar

    Posts
    20,049 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,279 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default 6.0.1 and the 4s

    Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    I also just upgraded yesterday and I LOVE the new layout and added features. So far my battery is doing fine according to my usage as well !! I even used my Passbook for my Walgreens card this evening for the first time
    Good evening, Pink. Now that you're using your Passbook app, feel free to load it up with various coupons directly from .
    Thanked by:
    ThePinkChameleon (11-10-2012)
    seashell93 likes this.
  7. #7  
    bamf-hacker's Avatar

    Posts
    3,579 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS7.1b5

    Default 6.0.1 and the 4s

    Sweet thanks for the coupon.com tip. Going there in a minute.
  8. #8  
    JustMe'D's Avatar

    Posts
    20,049 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,279 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default Re: 6.0.1 and the 4s

    Quote Originally Posted by bamf-hacker View Post
    Sweet thanks for the coupon.com tip. Going there in a minute.
    You're very welcome. If you view the website with your iPhone's Safari browser, all you will have to do is select "add to Passbook" and the coupon will automatically be installed. They will be blue in color and to view the ones you save to your Passbook, simply swipe from side to side. Take care and have a great evening...
    Thanked by:
    ThePinkChameleon (11-10-2012)
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
  9. #9  
    ThePinkChameleon's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    4,329 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,074 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.1.1

    Default Re: 6.0.1 and the 4s

    Quote Originally Posted by Jrome.brooks View Post
    still havent used passbook :-(( what are the new features on the upgrade?
    there are 200 new features added in iOS6. I don't know all of them, although I can tell you a few of my favorite so far are the new color layout, Do Not Disturb, when a call comes in there are options to redirect the call or send a msg., the new app store layout ui. As far as Passbook goes, I only have the Walgreens one I can use.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    Good evening, Pink. Now that you're using your Passbook app, feel free to load it up with various coupons directly from .
    Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    You're very welcome. If you view the website with your iPhone's Safari browser, all you will have to do is select "add to Passbook" and the coupon will automatically be installed. They will be blue in color and to view the ones you save to your Passbook, simply swipe from side to side. Take care and have a great evening...
    Woo Hoo!! Thanks D I'll check this out and see what coupons I can add to the Walgreens Passbook app. Thanks for the tip !!

    Have a nice night

    EDIT: quick question D. I would imagine that you need to check coupons.com every few days for news ones?

    I just added 2 for myself, Ulta and Coach Factory Store
    Last edited by Pink; 11-10-2012 at 07:37 PM.
    iHeartMyPINKalicious5C~iPadAir~MBPretina
    *drink that Kool-Aid, follow my lead. now you're one of us, you're coming with me*
    Thanked by:
    Gigi100557 (11-11-2012)
  10. #10  
    TurboTiger's Avatar
    iMore Guru

    Posts
    1,941 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,422 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.1.2

    Default Re: 6.0.1 and the 4s

    The Target app is finally fixed and has mobile coupons available to add to Passbook.
    They said they update new coupons weekly. Check the My Target tab n the Target app then mobile coupons.
    Coupons.com/passbook as mentioned by JMD above is the best for Passbook coupons. New ones every couple of days.
    Good Luck

    Apple TV
    iPhone 5S
    iPad 2 Wi-Fi
    MacBook Air 13" Mid 2012 Mavericks 10.9.4
    Cigar Lover
    Thanked by:
    JustMe'D (11-10-2012)
  11. #11  
    JustMe'D's Avatar

    Posts
    20,049 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,279 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default 6.0.1 and the 4s

    Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    ...snipped...
    EDIT: quick question D. I would imagine that you need to check coupons.com every few days for news ones?

    I just added 2 for myself, Ulta and Coach Factory Store
    Yes. I have the website bookmarked and I check it maybe twice a week or so. Anyway, I'm glad you found the site useful, my friend...
    Thanked by:
    ThePinkChameleon (11-10-2012)
  12. #12  
    JustMe'D's Avatar

    Posts
    20,049 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,279 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default 6.0.1 and the 4s

    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    The Target app is finally fixed and has mobile coupons available to add to Passbook.
    They said they update new coupons weekly. Check the My Target tab n the Target app then mobile coupons.
    Coupons.com/passbook as mentioned by JMD above is the best for Passbook coupons. New ones every couple of days.
    Good Luck
    I will reinstall the Target app and test it out. Thank you for the update, my friend...
  13. #13  
    erwaso's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    68 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,479 Global Posts

    Default Re: 6.0.1 and the 4s

    Does the update mess with what's on the phone currently? Or just adds the new features and leaves the data alone?
  14. #14  
    BLiNK's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,242 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,589 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

    Default Re: 6.0.1 and the 4s

    Quote Originally Posted by erwaso View Post
    Does the update mess with what's on the phone currently? Or just adds the new features and leaves the data alone?
    update OTA or do a backup & restore from backup with iTunes and you'll be fine
    Thanked by:
    erwaso (11-12-2012)
  15. #15  
    seashell93's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,614 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,980 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 :)

    Default 6.0.1 and the 4s

    Quote Originally Posted by erwaso View Post
    Does the update mess with what's on the phone currently? Or just adds the new features and leaves the data alone?
    I just did update on Friday...did a backup thru itunes and selected update and it did rest; did not have to select restore afterwards, just did it!
    "Sometimes its not the song that makes you emotional. It's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it."
    Thanked by:
    erwaso (11-12-2012)
  16. #16  
    Gennosuke's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default Re: 6.0.1 and the 4s

    Im afraid to upgrade ios 6.0.1 since too many complaint about it. Any suggestion?
  17. #17  
    JustMe'D's Avatar

    Posts
    20,049 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,279 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default 6.0.1 and the 4s

    Quote Originally Posted by Gennosuke View Post
    Im afraid to upgrade ios 6.0.1 since too many complaint about it. Any suggestion?
    Just because others have complaints about it does not mean that you will. There are more than enough people here who are not experiencing any issues with iOS 6.0.1 and are glad to have upgraded to it.
    Thanked by:
    ThePinkChameleon (11-25-2012)
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
  18. #18  
    Karenkcoulter's Avatar

    Posts
    5,887 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,892 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

    Default 6.0.1 and the 4s

    You only usually hear from the people having problems not from those with no problems.
  19. #19  
    ThePinkChameleon's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    4,329 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,074 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.1.1

    Default Re: 6.0.1 and the 4s

    Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    Just because others have complaints about it does not mean that you will. There are more than enough people here who are not experiencing any issues with iOS 6.0.1 and are glad to have upgraded to it.
    I will second this as well I was getting good battery life on 5.0.1 and was concerned about going to 5.1.1 so I never did. Finally a few wks ago, there were features iOS 6 has that I really wanted, along with a couple of apps. So, I bit the bullet and went for it. I'm VERY HAPPY I have done so!! I really love it�� As for anything acting weird, nothing at all. Everything is running great, and my battery life is the same. I can still go every other day or 2 days before I need to charge��
    iHeartMyPINKalicious5C~iPadAir~MBPretina
    *drink that Kool-Aid, follow my lead. now you're one of us, you're coming with me*
    Jaguarr40 and JustMe'D like this.
  20. #20  
    Jessicalt1's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    80 Posts
    Global Posts
    485 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5.1

    Default Re: 6.0.1 and the 4s

    Anyone else want to run their phone over with a truck?! I'm so tired of it freezing up and not responding or the backlight not working on my phone. URGH.....
  21. #21  
    JustMe'D's Avatar

    Posts
    20,049 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,279 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default 6.0.1 and the 4s

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicalt1 View Post
    Anyone else want to run their phone over with a truck?!
    Not me. Im thoroughly enjoying my iPhone 4S.
    I'm so tired of it freezing up and not responding or the backlight not working on my phone. URGH.....
    If you think the problem is hardware related, take it to the nearest Apple Store, if applicable, to have one of the geniuses look at it and possibly exchange it. If you think the problem is iOS-related then take some time to connect your device to your computer, initiate the computer's iTunes app, backup your device and then select to restore it and set it up as NEW! Doing so has been known to fix a great deal of issues and annoyances.
  22. #22  
    RWWackostu's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,182 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.0.1

    Default Re: 6.0.1 and the 4s

    Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    I will second this as well I was getting good battery life on 5.0.1 and was concerned about going to 5.1.1 so I never did. Finally a few wks ago, there were features iOS 6 has that I really wanted, along with a couple of apps. So, I bit the bullet and went for it. I'm VERY HAPPY I have done so!! I really love it�� As for anything acting weird, nothing at all. Everything is running great, and my battery life is the same. I can still go every other day or 2 days before I need to charge��
    I just did a battery test and went 2.5 days on a single charge. Granted that coming from a BB I am a battery micromanager, but for all the complaining I heard before I came over to Apple about battery life, I have been nothing short of suprised how long I can make it last. I am getting the same life I got with my Bold 9900.
    Overcame my Crackberry addiction by realizing that my device just had to work. If iPhone/iPad owners are sheep, then I just joined the flock.

    iPhone 4S, iPad 3 32G

    @wackostu on Twitter
  23. #23  
    BLiNK's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,242 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,589 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

    Default Re: 6.0.1 and the 4s

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicalt1 View Post
    Anyone else want to run their phone over with a truck?! I'm so tired of it freezing up and not responding or the backlight not working on my phone. URGH.....
    haha
  24. #24  
    Bengalfan1's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0.1

    Default Re: 6.0.1 and the 4s

    Glad to hear all of you that upgraded to IOS 6 are not having issues and battery life is still good. I figure I am going to do it soon.
  25. #25  
    kazmi's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    74 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,453 Global Posts

    Default Re: 6.0.1 and the 4s

    Quote Originally Posted by RWWackostu View Post
    I just did a battery test and went 2.5 days on a single charge. Granted that coming from a BB I am a battery micromanager, but for all the complaining I heard before I came over to Apple about battery life, I have been nothing short of suprised how long I can make it last. I am getting the same life I got with my Bold 9900.
    what the heck???? I'm lucky if I can get through a 9-5 day! Care to share some tips please??

    Thanks.
    mossyoak likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Ipad2 and the 4s.
    By Hagan#1 in forum iPad 2
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-24-2011, 08:42 PM
  2. Talk and Surf Finally Confirmed with the 4S on Verizon
    By dannymichel in forum Carrier Discussion Lounge
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-01-2011, 02:49 AM
  3. Musclenerd has confirmed the Ipad2 and Iphone 4S have the same bootrom
    By MustangLife in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & Mods
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-18-2011, 02:39 PM
  4. iCloud and the transfer to 4s
    By Hjad in forum iPhone 4S
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-14-2011, 08:38 PM
  5. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-06-2011, 09:55 PM

Posting Permissions