Siri Won't Call My Dad

DanShockley

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
I thought that deleting the relationship between the contacts (the 'spouse' entry in my case, and 'father' in yours), but it didn't actually fix the problem. It seemed like it did, because after removing the 'spouse' relationship and trying "Call my wife," Siri asked me who that was. I told Siri, and Siri asked if it should remember that. I said Yes, and then Siri successfully called my wife. BUT, the next time I said "Call my wife," Siri gave the same old error: "I don't have any numbers for [my wife's name]" and Content Not Available. In other words, Siri is remembering a connection to some phantom contact record.
This problem remained even after wiping out all my contacts, turning Siri off, restarting, then adding back contacts and turning Siri back on. Same behavior.
I updated to the newest iOS 7 update. Still no good.
I haven't yet tried either of the following extremely annoying options:
Reset All Settings
Wipe and Restore from Backup.

I think for now I will just say "Call [wife's name]" instead of jumping through hoops that feel almost like the equivalent of the 1990's Windows problem-fixing advice: "Wipe everything out and start from scratch."

I can't post a link here, but there is a thread on Apple's Discussion Forums for this issue titled "Siri says "I don't have a number for" and content not available"
The thread number is: 6506141

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I just entered all my contacts in manually one at a time. I have no clue about gmail contacts. But Siri knows my wife. I've heard them talking.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If you have your Dad's name listed in contacts as Dad, just tell Siri "Siri, Dad is my Dad." That should work.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

ght

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. I see some have had luck with removing middle names, but I don't have middle names in my contacts, so that is of no help to me. I've even tried removing all contact accounts except iCloud, deleting relationships, telling Siri who my wife was (which she processed normally), then asking her to text my wife. "Sorry, I don't have a phone number for ...". CONTENT NOT AVAILABLE.

WTF?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77