Sprint Iphone 4S for international use

bb2iphone

May 27, 2012
Visit site
I have a sprint account that is in good standing and older than 90 days. I am planning on upgrading one of my lines soon to the iphone 4S and they are leaving the country for a several months very soon. I already asked the international department and they confirmed I would be able to get it unlocked. We do not wish to use sprint sim card/international roaming and prefer to a prepaid sim card instead. Nor do we wish to jailbreak or use gevey sim or any of those alternative unlocking options.

I have a couple questions:

1. Once the unlock is complete will we be able to use the device internationally with a prepaid sim card on a GSM network?
2. Does the unlock expire at any point or can it "break" with any software update?
3. Will we still be able to use all features on device (icloud, etc) with the prepaid sim?

Last edited:

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Wouldn't the Sprint iPhone be CDMA and thus not have a GSM radio in it? Or am I wrong? If it a dual radio world phone, as some BlackBerry and Android phones are?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Wouldn't the Sprint iPhone be CDMA and thus not have a GSM radio in it? Or am I wrong? If it a dual radio world phone, as some BlackBerry and Android phones are?

The iPhone4S is as some BB/Droids - WorldPhone with mutli-band radios.

Officerpolabear

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how to convert their iPhone back to Sprint after coming back from overseas? If so, how? Because my sister is going overseas and will come back after a couple of months.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know how to convert their iPhone back to Sprint after coming back from overseas? If so, how? Because my sister is going overseas and will come back after a couple of months.

If the GSM side is unlocked, and an international SIM is used, it's as simple as taking out the SIM, and the phone will find its way back onto Sprint as long as the Sprint account is active when she gets back.

Reactions: Officerpolabear

Officerpolabear

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Another thing, first question, when do I insert the Gevey sim card? Can I install the Sim card when I'm still here or do I have to do it overseas (in Korea)? Secondly, if it's the case where I insert the Gevey sim card in Korea, then do I have to get a sim card from one of the korean carriers and install that together with the Gevey sim?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2