iTunes sync on the iPhone?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
So I've got a laptop and I've got a desktop...why cant I sync my iPhone 4s with both computers? I've got two different sets of music on each. Both iTunes is synced to the same account but not all of the music in my desktop library was purchased thru iTunes. Why can't Apple make this easy and allow me to sync my phone with both computers.

Is there any way I can accomplish this? Or am I SOL and will need to transfer the songs I want to sync to my iPhone to my laptop. I'd rather not wipe my iPhone which iTunes has instructed I will need to do.

reginald_1986

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
This is what you can do.

1. Check if you have the same Apple ID
2. Check if you have authorize the laptop/computer for that
3. Now, it should work.

With or without purchasing from iTunes, you should be able do sync normally. Hmm. Weird.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
When you say "sync" do you mean you want the different sets of music (music from computer A and different music from computer B) to both be on your phone? If so, I think you would need to choose "Manually Manage" in the phone settings within iTunes. You'd then just need to drag over the music you want to add.

DZD

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
When you say "sync" do you mean you want the different sets of music (music from computer A and different music from computer B) to both be on your phone? If so, I think you would need to choose "Manually Manage" in the phone settings within iTunes. You'd then just need to drag over the music you want to add.

Correct - I have the same issue - you cannot sync automatically between the two as it will give you the warning about removing music on the iPhone that is not on the PC/Laptop youre connected to. You can manually manage music (not auto sync) or use homesharing in iTunes.

What I do is sync with my work laptop only - I enabled homesharing in iTunes between the two and I get all my music. I only sync with the work laptop as I want the Notes from Outlook.

Hope that helps.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77