Security issue??

jeffw78

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I apologize if this is the wrong section but here goes:

Tonight I restored my 4s using iCloud. During the restore process at one point I was presented with a different apple Id than my own. The disturbing part is that the email address used for the mysterious ID appeared to be a previous neighbor of mine. Keep in mind that I moved from that location in November of 2010. I never received an email from that person or synced with the same pc as that person. In fact, I am using a different computer now than when I lived there.

Anyone thoughts on this???

anon(4732323)

May 17, 2011
Visit site
During the second week of my upgrade, my iCloud was hacked (confirmed with Apple after LONG phonecalls). The 'hacker' aka IDIOT proceeded to delete ALL my contacts from iCloud, which then deleted them from my iPhone. I no longer use iCloud, was given a new handset, changed all my passwords (luckily I had backed up manually through iTunes to recover my numbers etc.).

Be worth checking with Apple how this could have happened.

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
The odds of a random email showing up as your neighbor are millions to one... It's much more logical that he downloaded software to your device using his iTunes account.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
During the second week of my upgrade, my iCloud was hacked (confirmed with Apple after LONG phonecalls). The 'hacker' aka IDIOT proceeded to delete ALL my contacts from iCloud, which then deleted them from my iPhone. I no longer use iCloud, was given a new handset, changed all my passwords (luckily I had backed up manually through iTunes to recover my numbers etc.).

Be worth checking with Apple how this could have happened.

So a "hacker" got into your account to simply delete your contacts? If I understand that correctly I'd say you were lied to and something just went wrong. Just my opinion though.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I apologize if this is the wrong section but here goes:

Tonight I restored my 4s using iCloud. During the restore process at one point I was presented with a different apple Id than my own. The disturbing part is that the email address used for the mysterious ID appeared to be a previous neighbor of mine. Keep in mind that I moved from that location in November of 2010. I never received an email from that person or synced with the same pc as that person. In fact, I am using a different computer now than when I lived there.

Anyone thoughts on this???

I wonder if you ever had Home Sharing set up with your neighbor?

jeffw78

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Don't think so. By time I got my first iPhone, a 3GS, we were hardly speaking to each other over something stupid lol. I never had an iTunes account prior to that day. I relocated about 4weeks after.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
It will happen if u connect to a wireless network for instance I jailbroke a friends iPod using jailbreakme ( no pc required ) I connect to my wifi and always if u check the store settings it showed my apple I'd and had to log out and I would never have iTunes open or even computer turned on

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

anon(4732323)

May 17, 2011
Visit site
So a "hacker" got into your account to simply delete your contacts? If I understand that correctly I'd say you were lied to and something just went wrong. Just my opinion though.

I was doubtful of this too, but after spending almost 2 hours on the phone to Apple and visiting the Genius bar that was what I was told and they replaced the handset, told me to change all my passwords etc. Started with me going into my phonebook and could actually see all my contacts disappearing one by one. My initial feeling was just something wrong with the handset...

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
It will happen if u connect to a wireless network for instance I jailbroke a friends iPod using jailbreakme ( no pc required ) I connect to my wifi and always if u check the store settings it showed my apple I'd and had to log out and I would never have iTunes open or even computer turned on

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Nonsense. There is nothing in the wifi connection that would ever insert someone else's email address into your device.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2