iTunes wanting to Restore iPhone from backup

amart402

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
I plugged my iPhone in the other day, and iTunes came up with the screen that you would get when you plug a new iPhone in for the first time, asking if I wanted to set it up as a new device or restore from a backup. The thing is, my phone is working just fine now, and I don't need to restore it. I can't get past this screen so I can't sync music or anything else with the computer. iTunes has the name of the phone in the left sidebar, so it's recognizing it as not a new phone. I've only ever backed up my phone with iCloud, so I can't restore it from a backup on the computer. How can I get it to sync music with my computer?

Shellbell67

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Are you using it on the same computer you always have? If you go under the name of your iPhone does it show all your info? Phone model etc...?

amart402

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Yup same computer and everything; I've synced music from it before. No it doesn't show any info, just the name I gave it when I first set it up.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Only thing that comes to my mind that you could try - on your phone go into your settings menu and turn OFF your iCloud back up. A pop up will then say your phone will sync when you connect to iTunes. When your done, you can go back into the icloud menu on your phone and turn it back ON if you want.

Hopefully that'll do the trick for you.

amart402

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
That's the problem, I can't even get to that. It shows the page asking if I want to set it up as a new phone or restore from a backup and that's all I can get to.

amart402

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok I figured it out. I clicked set up as new iPhone then immediately canceled the process and it worked just like normal. That was weird.