Newbie? Photos to Facebook... why no shortcut?

writegirl

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
Hey all,

I am curious. After searching the forums because I couldn't figure out how to send photos to Facebook I have learned that the ONLY way you can do this is to exit out of camera/gallery and open FB app and load the pics from there? Can that be right? Even my old Palm Pre had a shortcut option directly from the camera app to share photos to FB or twitter. Why so many steps with iPhone? Am I missing something? When I click on picture options in camera or gallery I have options to tweet/email/mms but no FB option? That seems archaic.:confused:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Can't do it from the photo app directly without jailbreaking. (Well, you can use your fb email to upload them but I'm guessing that's not what you really want.)

Reasons? Only Apple knows for sure.

Moneymiike420

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Sadly Facebook isn't integrated into os5 like twitter is.hopefully in the next update they'll include this feature I too was wondering why I can't share pics or videos to Facebook but to twitter its no problem doesn't make sense..-_-

writegirl

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
Thanks to you both. It is kind of senseless to have to back out of one app and go into another to share photos, but it is what it is. Thanks for the jailbreaking heads up. Not sure I want to mess with that. I just migrated from a Nexus S4G (suckmost device) but, one thing it did easily is share photos and video. I hope Apple comes out with a more intuitive solution.

DANNCAS

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
yes one of the downfalls of the phone

Hey all,

I am curious. After searching the forums because I couldn't figure out how to send photos to Facebook I have learned that the ONLY way you can do this is to exit out of camera/gallery and open FB app and load the pics from there? Can that be right? Even my old Palm Pre had a shortcut option directly from the camera app to share photos to FB or twitter. Why so many steps with iPhone? Am I missing something? When I click on picture options in camera or gallery I have options to tweet/email/mms but no FB option? That seems archaic.:confused:

It is what it is. I dont like it too. but I like other features. Its like a marriage give and take.
Lets hope for jail break soon

lawls

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
you can always just email it to your facebook account right from the photos app, that is what i always did

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77