Slow iPhone 4S

nicmeredith

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
My mom has an iPhone 4S, but keeps complaining about it being slow and buggy. I have had her reset it a few times and delete any apps she doesn't use. I'm not sure what else might be causing it to be slow and unresponsive at times... Anyone else come across this? I feel bad for her, she bought the newest model but my iPhone 4 runs like 10 times better than hers and I've had that since June.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
My mom has an iPhone 4S, but keeps complaining about it being slow and buggy. I have had her reset it a few times and delete any apps she doesn't use. I'm not sure what else might be causing it to be slow and unresponsive at times... Anyone else come across this? I feel bad for her, she bought the newest model but my iPhone 4 runs like 10 times better than hers and I've had that since June.

If soft resets don't work, you may want to look into restoring as new. If that doesn't work, I would take it to apple.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
If soft resets don't work, you may want to look into restoring as new. If that doesn't work, I would take it to apple.

+1 to this there may be a corrupt file on the phone.. so definitely restore as new. And apple iPhones have a one year warranty and they replace it on the spot.

christyr143

Jul 24, 2008
Visit site
Make sure she knows to periodically close all the apps that are left open. My mom didn't know anything about that (and I never told her because I assumed she knew!) and it was causing her phone to lock up all the time, it was slow, and her battery was draining like crazy. I do this at least a couple of times a day.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Make sure she knows to periodically close all the apps that are left open. My mom didn't know anything about that (and I never told her because I assumed she knew!) and it was causing her phone to lock up all the time, it was slow, and her battery was draining like crazy. I do this at least a couple of times a day.

funny I have a 4s and I never open the quick app switcher ever to close apps or to switch to them and my 4s is blazing fast all the time and I probably have 30-40 apps open in there at all times..

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site

I hardly ever do this ever and I have 3.5gb of apps on mine and rarely have an issue

DANNCAS

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
question is the internet slow or the whole phone even when in Airplane mode. Sometime its the building your in or a tower down even if there is no storm in your area.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77