Feeling the need to return to Blackberry

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I switched from being a BB user, with the last being the 9930, to the Iphone 4S the day they came out. The Iphone does exactly everything my BB did for me. I am an electrical contractor that owns my business by the way. I use my phones for communications, primarily e-mails. I do not play games, whatch movies, facebook or twitter. Just business.

To me, my e-mails the same as my BB. I am not sure why we all think the BB's have a better e-mail service. I get them fast and can even type them as fast. I was never fast with BB so this was a wash for me. I love my Iphone.

BUT!!!

There is this little voice in my head that secretly wishes my BB was as good as my Iphone so I can go back to it. I do not know why. I am hoping the new BBX will be as good as the Iphone. To me, my Iphone is more phone than I need, I just feel like I should have a BB. Is there any recently converts feeling the same way? If the BBX is as good or better, are you thinking of going back?

I am NOT trying to start a heated discussion here. Maybe I have the "need a new phone" disease. I am just wondering if there are more people like me that are secretly hoping the BBX will be as good a phone as the 4S.

I was like that initially when I got my iPhone 4, but over time you appreciate iOS more than Blackberry. I haven't thought of a Blackberry since. :)

Lenerdosy

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I only miss the red notification light and bar.. other than that, absolutely nothing!!! in my opinion, RIM will be either bought out or out of business in 3 years.. they just cant compare to apple or android..apps alone are just a joke with BB..
Talking to a few retailers, they say more BB are being sold than ever before but since everyone is moving from old phones to smartphones people are just picking up iPhones or android on a higher average.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I felt the same way for awhile. I had the iPhone 4 and then, through having an extremely nice family, was given an iPhone 4S. I was really considering switching back to the BB 9930. I basically had my mind made up. Then I looked at everything my iPhone can do that the BB couldn't - it really was a no brainer decision. I can set my DVR, check my bank account, find a Starbucks, then pay for a coffee with my phone, get up to the minute sports scores on my favorite NHL teams, read Kindle books, listen to Pandora, Kik messenger (is now available on BB - wasn't for a long time), check the TV Guide and much more. I use all of those apps daily. I miss my old BBs but I love the functionality of the iPhone!!

CarolinaDiva

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
I had a BB got the iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 (Black), then went back to BB then got the iPhone 4 in white :D needless to say I always come back to iPhone! The apps, the web just cant compare! To me the email is alot better than BB! I love it! I love that all my folders show up in my email accounts! Sometimes I do miss the LED notification light and the keyboard but that is about it. I had thought about trying the new Bold but I have read too many bad reviews about that phone!

nycfly

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
i could never go back. like Pink, i was so done with reboots, reloading OS, embarrassing app selection, etc on my 9650. in my opinion, the only thing that blackberry has for them and why i was reluctant to switch was for the email and keyboard. for me, the e-mail is so much better on my iphone using my gmail accounts through exchange. they are pushed instant like my blackberry, sometimes faster than i receive them on OS mail. the day i got my 4s on launch day was the day i knew i would be using an iphone for the foreseeable future!

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I kinda wish I still had my BB. I miss ringer profiles and I would've stayed if I knew iOS was so basic and elementary. I've also noticed that I miss the LED indicator the more I use my iPhone

Last edited:

iTax

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I won't "brag" about the future because I don't know what will happen in the future, but the chance that I will go back to bb is extremely unlikely. And, no, I have never wished bb will be good enough so that I can go back to bb.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I won't "brag" about the future because I don't know what will happen in the future, but the chance that I will go back to bb is extremely unlikely. And, no, I have never wished bb will be good enough so that I can go back to bb.

I bet you could find a few of those in the Crackberry forums... :D

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I tried going back to a Blackberry- once with a 9800 and THREE times with a 9810. Beautiful phones but they couldnt stream as well (Pandora specifically) as my Android. My Android doesnt stream as well as the iPhones (4 and 4s) that I REGRETFULLY sold (and wish I still had) although its damn near as good. The Blackberries were noticably slower in everyday use than both the iPhone and Android.

However if Blackberry suits YOUR needs thats all that should matter. Get the phone you want. Its hard to get off the Crack, isnt it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

cajunrph

Sep 29, 2009
Visit site
I know how the OP feels, it is hard to get off of the crack. I have switched from BB to ios to android over the years but it's been over a year that I've been using my BB, and I just don't see me going back. I currently have a Galaxy S 2 and I'm looking hard at a iPhone 4S. Just get the phone that suites you the best and hang in with. You can't go wrong with one of the top of the line Android phones or the iPhone, as long as it does for you what you want it to do. The problems arrise when you look at the other side and start to think "Man why dosen't my phone do that". Then you start jonesing for the other phone and off to ebay you go to get another phone. I gotta go so I can find a deal on a 4S on ebay.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I returned to RIM three times. Two of those times i was back to another operating system within the month.
Just not satisfied with BBOS anymore. I really do like QNX for the main reason is that its a lot like webOS, but as the phones stand now. I won't be going back.
It was nice to start myself into the smartphone world with blackberry.

DZD

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I've been a blackberry user and advocate for a number of years - had the opportunity to move to an iPhone 4S and thought I would enjoy the newness of it - as it turns out - the ease of use, the user experience and the whole eco-system (apps) are amazing - i'm not a gamer and consider myself mostly on the business side of using a smart phone - but, I'm amazed by, again, the user experience and apps.

I know some folks speak of missing the keyboards, LED notification, etc. etc., but, honestly, I do not miss the blackberry at all - the only bad thing I can say is that I like my phones naked - no case - but the iPhone is like exquisite jewelry so I do feel the need to keep it in a case - I picked up a default case but I may try a clear bumper or something more invisible - did I mention how sexy I think it is?!?

:D

jlarkins08

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I love blackberry and still have my blackberry in hand but I got a iPod touch 4 last year for my bday.. I will say this I didn't know what I was missing really!! I love the iOS the apps and capabilities of this thing is great! But I don't want an iPhone my iPod touch is suiting me just fine.. Phone wise tho I am keeping my eyes on windows 7 and specifically the Nokia lumia 710 that's coming to t- mobile.. My blackberry is great but I'm tired of the lack of apps and innovative technology that RIM just cant get right! They are digging themselves a grave.. It's really upsetting they have a great product but u have to keep up with demand which they aren't doing! So I am moving on to windows!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

jlarkins08

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm definitely ready to move on from blackberry.. Been using bb's since 2007 and I feel that they haven't brought anything new to the table.. I got an iPod touch 4 last year for my birthday and this device has been showing me what I have been missing! RIM is digging themselves in a whole and they won't be able to get out! I Have my eye on windows 7 phones they look promising I am willing to try them out! If that doesn't work out then I'll get a iPhone. Don't feel like I need one right now my iPod touch is holding me down quite nicely! Lol....

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

mikechaudron

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I understand. I came to to the iPhone from a 9930. When I first got my 9930, I thought it was the best Blackberry ever. It looks great, feels great, and it has the best keyboard I've ever had on a phone.

However the phone was not reliable and their quality control has become terrible and I was about to be on my third 9930. All of them continually locked up for times ranging from a coupe of minutes to more than 10, requiring a battery pull. Battery life was crazy bad. At a recent trade show I had to recharge it twice during a day with only normal usage. I rely on my phone to run a sales organization, so when I lose time because of battery pulls and reboots, it costs us money.

I had great success with my iPad and MacBook Air, so it was natural to make the move to the iPhone. I've only had it for a few days, but it is exceptional. I thought I would not be able to do without a physical keyboard. However, the virtual keyboard on the iPhone is terrific and when I need to pound out a long email, I'll go to landscape mode and it works very well. Even in portrait mode I've been able to get the hang of it without the trouble I thought I would have on the iPhone. The iPhone is so easy to use and I am already at the point of wondering why I didn't do this a long time ago.

I'm in the process of evaluating CRM packages for our field based sales rep and having the iPhone gives me so many more options. I'll likely convert all my field based reps to the iPhone if we implement CRM later in 2012.

So don't worry about wondering if you should go back to BB. You will be glad you didn't.

I switched from being a BB user, with the last being the 9930, to the Iphone 4S the day they came out. The Iphone does exactly everything my BB did for me. I am an electrical contractor that owns my business by the way. I use my phones for communications, primarily e-mails. I do not play games, whatch movies, facebook or twitter. Just business.

To me, my e-mails the same as my BB. I am not sure why we all think the BB's have a better e-mail service. I get them fast and can even type them as fast. I was never fast with BB so this was a wash for me. I love my Iphone.

BUT!!!

There is this little voice in my head that secretly wishes my BB was as good as my Iphone so I can go back to it. I do not know why. I am hoping the new BBX will be as good as the Iphone. To me, my Iphone is more phone than I need, I just feel like I should have a BB. Is there any recently converts feeling the same way? If the BBX is as good or better, are you thinking of going back?

I am NOT trying to start a heated discussion here. Maybe I have the "need a new phone" disease. I am just wondering if there are more people like me that are secretly hoping the BBX will be as good a phone as the 4S.

pudgee81

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I understand. I came to to the iPhone from a 9930. When I first got my 9930, I thought it was the best Blackberry ever. It looks great, feels great, and it has the best keyboard I've ever had on a phone.

I was the same way. I made the switch to the 4s recently and when I had the 9930 the deciding factor was the O.S. there's not to much I don't like about the the 4s and there's a lot of things I like about the bb. Let's see what RIM has in store for the QNX.

(Keeping his fingers crossed!!!) ;)

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Unless they close their OS to keep from having memory leaks it'll just be another bb device with a different OS

Agreed! My 9900 started the day around 218 mb and ended the at 205-207 mb. I'm very pleased with the switch!No more battery pulls and the app selection is crazy!

_heatherly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I had two BlackBerry devices... the 8100 and the 9800. Both good phones, but the iPhone continues to provide a level of "service", shall I say, that IMO no other smartphone brand can. The hardware is just gorgeous, the OS is fluid, smooth, buttery. The retina display is amazing. And it just works and works well with iCloud and iTunes. The apps are far superior to BlackBerry apps.

However, I do still like the aesthetics of the BlackBerry Bold series. They are just good looking phones, but at this point, I wouldn't want to go back to the BB OS and trackpad. I love the iPhone touchscreen and the touchscreen keyboard is amazing. And having Siri to send out messages and read new ones to me while I'm driving is wonderful. :D

I definitely don't plan on going back to BlackBerry any time soon, especially for a third time. I started with the 8100, left for the 3GS, then moved to the 9800, and now to the 4S. Each time I come back to the iPhone it's even more amazing and I wonder why I even left. I think I'm here to stay. :p

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2