Text coming through as symbols

bwood021174

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I am having this issue with only one person. But she is having it with all received texts from users of Verizon iPhones. Texts from her come through as symbols. it is only text going to people like me who are on Verizon iPhones. But it is all of her contacts that are on Verizon iPhones. Anyone have any ideas?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
What kind of phone does she have? Also, when she's texting you, is she using smileys that are installed on that phone as well (similar to our emoji's on the iPhone)

Reason I ask is because 2wks ago, both my parents have the lg octane and it comes with it's own smileys installed on the ph. When they were txing me using them I was getting all sorts of symbols for the msg. We realized within minutes that was the problem and wen they just make their own smileys now like this : ) etc. Msgs are fine.

We've also discovered that I can't use the iPhones installed emojis to them either as they wind up with a text msg full of square boxes !! Lol.

bwood021174

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
She is using The Rock through Verizon. We found out that it was due to her signature. Once she removed her signature now it is no longer sending text as symbols. It only did it when sending to Vrz.iphones.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
She is using The Rock through Verizon. We found out that it was due to her signature. Once she removed her signature now it is no longer sending text as symbols. It only did it when sending to Vrz.iphones.

Ok strange that her sig would cause a prob but glad you guys fig'd it out:)

Kristy_Lyn

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure you can set a signature for texts. You can set it for email. Under settings-->mail, contacts, calendars-->scroll down to see signature.

Reactions: kelvin1956