Song Issues with 4S

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I have a particular song that was downloaded from the internet.
The artist name is Pretty Lights and he releases all of his music in a lower quality on his website for free (his music is also on iTunes and other music hosting sites for higher kbps/wav)

Anyways his first album, "Taking Your Precious Time" doesnt work well with my iPhone 4S. Well nor has it worked well with my roommates 4S.

Every time the song appears on shuffle or is selected the iPhone lags. When i push next, previous, or pause, the phone takes about 3-5 seconds to actually change the song, and even longer to change the screen (album art, song name, song artist).
We also tested this on my roommates girlfriends iPhone 3GS and his old iPhone 4 before he sold it, they both worked fine.

I've deleted the song off the phone and put it back on, turned off the device and back on.
I'd rather not restore.
The only other option i can think of is to buy the song. Which i don't have a really big problem with, I'd just rather not if i don't have to.
Any Ideas?

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
this is very strange that the quality of a song would do this? I really have no idea what to tell you to do but im curious if anyone else does. This is honestly the first time I have ever heard of this since I have been on forums since 2007

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, i havent heard of anything like this either. I wouldn't be surprised if no one knows. Maybe i'll talk to an Apple rep about it, see what they know.
Its MP3, 160 kbps, at 44.100 khz. It also has album artwork, if that helps anyone...

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, i havent heard of anything like this either. I wouldn't be surprised if no one knows. Maybe i'll talk to an Apple rep about it, see what they know.
Its MP3, 160 kbps, at 44.100 khz. It also has album artwork, if that helps anyone...

one thing I just thought of.. have you tried redownloading the song? maybe the file is partially corrupt or something..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2