Airplay????

TModel

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I have two IPhone 4s phones, one IPad 2 and ITunes loaded on my Windows based computer. IOS 5 is loaded on everything.

I'm not as sophisticated on the video and audio side. I have a pre-HD Television with no HDMI inputs and Yamaha HTR-5540 receiver and six speaker set up, but again pre-HD with no HDMI outputs or inputs. Good sound though.

My question is if there is a connection that would allow me to play my albums on my phones or IPad through the Yamaha system? Is there a connection that would allow me to play video on my phones or IPad through the TV and audio system?

I believe there are speakers and/or receivers that are compatible with Apple airplay, but I'm not ready to buy a new system at this time. I do have an inexpensive IHome speaker that has a video out connection, but am not certain if it will work with what I have.

Any help would be appreciated. Love my phone and IPad!!

Thanks.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Airport express has a audio line out that could connect to your system as a audio in and then use air play to play to those speakers as far as apple tv u might wanna look on amazon for some sort of hdmi to RCA converter

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
AirPlay based on what I know is for use with apple tv only, which requires an hdmi cable, and a hd tv

The point of AirPlay is not needing the HDMI cable anymore...hence the word 'air'! LOL

(Except to hook the Apple TV to an HDMI TV.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
For wired, all you need is a 1/8" to RCA cord, they're about 10 bucks at your local Radio Shack. Plug that into the red/white audio input on your receiver (Aux, CD, doesn't matter) and the other into the headphone jack of your phone or iPad. Profit. :)

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
The point of AirPlay is not needing the HDMI cable anymore...hence the word 'air'! LOL

(Except to hook the Apple TV to an HDMI TV.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

Still have to get the picture ON the TV lol it's wireless between iOS devices

(didn't see the part you added)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2