Update your facebook status using Siri...

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
dont know how many of you know this. but i figured everytime you want to update your facebook status you have to open app and it loads etc. we know twitter/facebook are data hungry apps and use up a lot of memory. now im sure eventually Apple will update Siri in which we can update facebook/twitter. i did this on facebook because i use iTweet to post to twitter w/o having to open up the app. this work around also works for twitter..but i did it for facebook since thats what i use more. want Siri to update your facebook status? heres how.

1. log on to your facebook account
2. go to your "account settings"
3. on the left click on mobile
4. link your iphone4S cell number to your facebook
5. you will get a code sent via SMS to your iphone
6. input that code on facebook website when asked to
7. once done now you have your facebook and iphone4S cell number linked
8. go to your contact list on your iphone and create new contact
9. name it "facebook" and save number #32665
10. tell Siri to send a text message to facebook
11. Siri will ask "what would you like it say"
12. say whatever you want and tell her to send.
13. go check on your facebook wall

since i figured you can SMS facebook to update your status i figured why not have Siri do it. this also works for twitter...but again i use iTweet for that. enjoy

Reactions: Turbo_lemon

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Great advice that is a perfect work around!

thanx. figured there had to be way for now. im sure Apple will eventually update Siri to allow us to do this and more...now i update my status on FB via Siri. saves me from opening the app and typing in the status. with Siri takes me seconds and its cool. my friends didnt believe it till i showed them how..

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Looks like they've blocked this feature already! Every time I try it I get the message "Sorry this command is no longer supported."

That was quick! haha...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Here's what happens when i try (I'm on AT&T)...

399299220.jpg
399299224.jpg

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
do it with ur hot spot OFF...and try updating your status just saying something else. have you linked your iphones number to your facebook? you have to log on to facebook from ur PC

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Th eproblem with linking your cell# with FaceBook account is that now everyone of your friends and possibly their friends can access your phone number.

I have linked my Twitter to FB, so anytime I tweet, it also shows up on my FB page, and its very easy to connect Siri&Twitter, so once you use Siri,it puts the same status on both Twitter AND FB :)

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
yeah when i tweet it shows on my twitter and facebook. do you know how to when u change ur status on facebook...it goes to ur twitter?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
dont know how many of you know this. but i figured everytime you want to update your facebook status you have to open app and it loads etc. we know twitter/facebook are data hungry apps and use up a lot of memory. now im sure eventually Apple will update Siri in which we can update facebook/twitter. i did this on facebook because i use iTweet to post to twitter w/o having to open up the app. this work around also works for twitter..but i did it for facebook since thats what i use more. want Siri to update your facebook status? heres how.

since i figured you can SMS facebook to update your status i figured why not have Siri do it. this also works for twitter...but again i use iTweet for that. enjoy

Yeah, this was posted on the same subject 2 weeks ago...
http://forums.tipb.com/ios-5-forum/221836-get-siri-post-twitter-facebook.html

eyemakerz

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site

Good job, Appreciate you sharing, great post.Really looking forward to read more. Great.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2