Lockscreen notifications questions

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I've been searching for answers to 2 specific lockscreen notification questions, but I've come up empty.

1) I know that you can set the number of notifications you want per app. For example, I think you can set email to 1, 5 or 10. Let's say it's set to 1 and I get 3 emails while my phone is locked. Which email will show on the lockscreen....the oldest or the newest?

2) I saw one video where it appeared the lockscreen "woke up" evey time a notification was received. Is this true? Basically, what I'm wondering is if I have email lockscreen notifications "on", will the screen wake up every time I get an email? And if so, can that be turned off without turning off the lockscreen notification? I basically just want the notification to be there when I wake up the screen manually, not every time an email comes in.

On a side note, I've surprisingly been unable to find a detailed video that reviews notifications. There are plenty of videos that give a high level overview, but none that answer the types of questions above. If anyone has seen one, I'd love a link to it. Thanks!!!

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
why not send yourself some text emails from your PC and test what you are trying to get answers to? Then post videos of this and voila! now you have detailed videos and reviews of these notifications...

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'd love to, but I don't have an iPhone. :) I'm a current Android user contemplating the switch, but notifications are a big deal to me and am just trying to be as informed as possible.

IamHahn

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Emails are arranged by time. No, you cannot turn off the screen's ability to wake up after a notification. It only stays on for like 6 seconds anyways.

Meaning you see all of them. The lock screen can scroll if you have multiple notifications and will ultimately show you what is on the notifications page. As Ghostface said, there is no way to keep the screen from waking up temporarily, so if you want to keep email private you can remove the preview of the email (and only see who it is from/subject line) or remove email from the lock screen.

Reactions: bostoneagle104

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2