Text Alert Question

Joshua Shorter

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
First off, let me say I love this phone!! It's my first iPhone and you guys sure know how to welcome a former crackberry addict. This mercedes phone makes my blackberry look like a 30 year old beater.

My only furstration so far is this: any time I get a text, it sends me an alert (vibrate, tone, pop up on the lock screen) like it's supposed to. However, if I don't answer the phone by opening it and reading the text in less than two minutes, it does all of the above again.

I'm sure there's a way to change this but I can't for the life of me figure it out. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Click

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
So the reminder alert is only used to remind me I haven't responded? That's not used for calendar events or anything like that?

Correct. For calendar reminders thats in the actual calendar app. It gives you the option to have it repeat the appointment.

count123

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
My only furstration so far is this: any time I get a text, it sends me an alert (vibrate, tone, pop up on the lock screen) like it's supposed to. However, if I don't answer the phone by opening it and reading the text in less than two minutes, it does all of the above again.

That will be perfect for me. I always receive texts with good intention of returning them "soon as I'm done" with whatever task im working on. Well an hour later when I have completed that task and many more I realize I haven't returned the text.
Count

Joshua Shorter

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Got it fixed. Thanks, guys!! I would probably leave it on wasn't at work. Since I'm here, I really don't need it looking like I'm getting twice as many texts/emails/words with friends alerts as I really am. It's bad enough as it is. ;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2