Can't Pre-Order, Can't Buy till 10/21?

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Will I still be able to get the 4S if I have to wait a week? I'm pretty sure I need the 64GB...Is it possible they will run out and not restock by then? I just can't swing it out of tomorrow's check...

gthugballin

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't think they're going to run out of stock and not restock...

But usually if you don't pre order you have to wait a couple more weeks to get the iPhone.. because so many people order one that they get backed up like crazy.

But rest assured... they're not going to run out of their highest priced phone :)

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Apple stores get restocked every day normally. So it depends on demand really and how long they sell out of the restocks each day. Partner stores also get restocked pretty frequently.

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Dumb related question...So at the very worst I could "have to" drive up to the nearest Apple Store 90 miles away the next day, a Saturday. Is it like going to AT&T- I buy it, my contract gets renewed, Apple can just deal with all that??

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
I guarantee you will be able to get the 64GB on the 21st.* If not, I will send you a check for $50!**

*not a guarantee
**check will not be honored

BIG CAT 7

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
If it was a re-designed phone I would have said yes it is a possibility of a back order, but since its the same shell they have been producing with some great additions added inside I think they will have plenty in stock for you when you are ready.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I think that you should easily be able to get a 64 gb a week later. Most people stick with 16/32 gb so I could see those two selling out faster than the 64 gb. Not to mention the price tag that comes with the increased storage may sway some who wont use it to get the smaller version.

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Cool. Thanks. I've filled up my 32GB 3GS once already with apps, mostly, and had to thin the herd. Now I always feel like I'm crunched for space. I don't have that issue with the iPad for some reason- I guess I just do more "experimenting" with the iPhone. With the new camera, though- I am going to go crazy taking pics!!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I still firmly believe that demand will be strong - stronger than many are thinking/saying. While the look of the iPhone 4S is not a redesign, the guts ARE totally redesigned and beefed up. This is a much better phone than the iPhone 4.

Reactions: DougFNJ

sdakidd

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I think apple has prepared this time around, with the rumors of a new production plants in brazil and the extra time we waited I think that their supply with be able to handle the demand.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
If the preorder threads are any indication, demand was VERY strong. That, coupled with apparent capacity issues at Apple, AT&T and Sprint generated a lot of frustration.

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I decided to bust out a rarely-used CC and pre-order. And got a fraud alert e-mail from my bank! Luckily, the transaction went through, and I called the bank to tell them the only reason I would use that card was for a new 4S. So all is well! Can't wait till Friday!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2