UNLOCKED iPhone 5 ????

Winski

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So, I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere or it's just been hidden in the mountains of junk press that as been generated by the upcoming lalapalooza in Cupertino...

ANYWHERE, has it been mentioned that the iPhone 5 will come "unlocked".??? Will we need to have a way for it to be 'unlocked"..???

I ponder this question because there are LOTS of ways carriers manipulate smartphone code, mostly for the worst, that highly restricts the USER from even attempting to 'unlock' the device.

Here what's driving the question... I've been a T-Mumble user for 13 years. and the letter from the Neanderthal that claims to be the CMO of T-Mumble USA this week was the last straw for me with that group of amateurs. I want an iPhone 5, I want it unlocked and I want to be able to choose where I put it and on what carrier without being told I MUST keep it on a certain carrier.

Is there a light at the end of that tunnel??

Thanks for the response in advance...

Ron

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
It will definitely be available at Apple stores everywhere unlocked. Any iPhones purchased by carriers or with carrier contracts will, as usual, be locked to that carrier.

T-Mobile will still not be able to support iPhone 5 on 3G.

Reactions: Winski

tashasmith111

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
if you are offended i apologize. I am new to the forum and really just needed help with an issue. And if the app is free is it still piracy? IDK. but anyways I did not mean to offend you.

Have a great day and thanks for your response!

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
if you are offended i apologize. I am new to the forum and really just needed help with an issue. And if the app is free is it still piracy? IDK. but anyways I did not mean to offend you.

Have a great day and thanks for your response!

I'm not personally offended I just wanted to make it clear that we don't support piracy... I don't know if it would legally be considered piracy if the app is free, but then why do you need the ipa instead of downloading it from the app store? :p

You can ask about this in the jailbreak forum.

tashasmith111

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded the app to and I would much rather have the older version. I no longer have access to my old computer which has the older version on it :( If you can think of a way to assist please do (even though this is the wrong forum :). I created my own thread, but I don't know if it's in the right forum either. LOL! (newbie)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77