Custom Ringtones on iPhone 4S???

whgrn

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I'll start by saying that I am NOT tech savvy, so please go easy on me!

I have ringtones saved in the appropriate format in iTunes. I have synced to my iPhone. I go to Settings - > Ringtones - > but then WHERE is the "Custom Ringtones" hiding? All I see are the preinstalled ones. How do I find them on my phone?

TIA

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
They're in m4r and not syncing? Did you make sure to select ringtones and tell it to sync them?

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

Reactions: whgrn

whgrn

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
They are not at the top of the list of ringtones.

They ARE in m4r, and I click "sync", but they don't go to the phone.

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Do you select them under Ringtones in iTunes? They won't sync if you don't select "Sync Ringtones" and either "Select All" or select the individual ringtone(s).

Reactions: whgrn

Matraya

May 23, 2012
Visit site
Whatever I tried to do to use custom ringtones is not yet showing the ringtones I want to use. For family, I have recorded a short phrase announcing the caller by name. I'm confused and perplexed at least.:confused:

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Whatever I tried to do to use custom ringtones is not yet showing the ringtones I want to use. For family, I have recorded a short phrase announcing the caller by name. I'm confused and perplexed at least.:confused:

On your pc/Mac you need to make sure that iTunes can see the ringtone. Make sure it is the proper format and then looking at the file force it to play through iTunes so it will immediately recognize it as a ringtone and add it to your library. Then sync it to your phone. Just google it for more detailed instructions, but it is real easy.

ThaKrazyOne

May 16, 2012
Visit site
First you have to make sure they are saved in the .m4r ringtone format, and under 30 seconds. If it's just a tad over 30 seconds, iTunes will not allow it to sync to your phone. Also depends on how the file was recorded before being converted to the .m4r format.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77