Battery life problem since unlock

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Alright so here is the thing.

So I dropped my iPhone 4 on the ground. The screen did not crack but the phone was turned off when I picked it up.
I turned it on again and started using it normally. Then the next day when I woke up It was turned off even thought the battery was around 60%.
The iPhone kept randomly turning off and when you shake it too much the same thing happens.

And I recently (after the drop) unlocked my iPhone. And since unlocking it the battery gets drained faster than usual, like each 2 minutes the percentage drops.
But when I enable Airplane mode the battery is drained normally, and when I disable it it drops too fast.
I did everything to slow the battery draining, but It's still too fast.

So I got 2 problems: iPhone randomly turning off, battery draining too fast.

Help? D:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My 'guess' would be that something is loose inside your device. Is your iPhone insured? If so, make use of it and get it replaced. If not and if there is an Apple Store nearby, you can take it to them to see if they can fix it or pay $99 or so to get a replacement.

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
My 'guess' would be that something is loose inside your device. Is your iPhone insured? If so, make use of it and get it replaced. If not and if there is an Apple Store nearby, you can take it to them to see if they can fix it or pay $99 or so to get a replacement.
Yeah I'll go with that. If it costs a lot of money I'll just try and fix it myself.
If you got any other guesses on what went wrong please PM or post here; I really need some help xD
BTW the iPhone just turned off again and I noticed when I turn it on the date/hour goes to 1st January 1970 1 AM. Why does it reset the date/hour?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's malfunctioning because it dropped to the ground. something is either loose or damaged and is probably causing a short which in turn maybe causing the OS to be unstable. Whatever the problem is, you will have to repair it or get it replaced. I'm only speculating on what the problem could be, but I'm not an electronics technician. ...:)...I wish you well in whatever you decide to do.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2