iphone not syncing all my contacts?

bear_lx

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
i have several threads about this , none of which are answering my issues. so i have a new outlook.com email, not a corporate exchange account, its just a personal account. and it is only syncing the majority of my contacts. through trial and error i have got it to sync a few more, but some of which are old numbers??? all i want is all the contacts in my MS outlook email, to sync to my iphone... what am i doing wrong?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Although, I have an outlook email account configured on my iPhone, I only sync my mail and not the contacts and calendars. I have one contacts list that I use for ALL of my email accounts. Having said that, have you tried deleting the outlook email account, rebooting your phone and then reconfiguring your outlook email account? What I can do a little later is import my contact list into my outlook account online and then enable syncing those contacts with my phone to see if I can replicate the issue you are having and get back to you.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
what a helpful forum, thanks guys!

3 days later.... nothing.... wow....

A lot of people prob don't have a clue that's why they don't answer

And a lot of us don't use outlook

Have your Tried syncing outlook via iTunes ?

Maybe delete the account on phone and re add it ? Set it up as a exchange account

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I imported my contact list to my outlook account online using my MacBook. Afterwards, and on my iPhone, I went to Settings/Mail, Contact, Calendars/Outlook Mail and then I turned on Contacts. Then I initiated the contacts app, selected "groups" and then unchecked all of my groups except Outlook Mail. I then selected "done" in the upper right corner. All of the contacts I imported to my Outlook account were present and accounted for.

Last edited:

bear_lx

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
appreciate the response... i followed exactly what you said with no avail... so i removed all the contacts and my outlook acct from my phone, , and then rebooted my phone. then re-added my outlook account, and turned the contacts back on... still missing multiple contacts from outlook... im at a loss... guess i will try gmailand see if it picks up all my contacts that way.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
appreciate the response... i followed exactly what you said with no avail... so i removed all the contacts and my outlook acct from my phone, , and then rebooted my phone. then re-added my outlook account, and turned the contacts back on... still missing multiple contacts from outlook... im at a loss... guess i will try gmailand see if it picks up all my contacts that way.

How many contacts do you have and how many are not showing up via the contacts app?

IAmAuthority

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Do you have duplicate contacts that it may have no sync'd automatically?

I'm not aware of a contact limit within the iOS contact app. Like D said, how many do you have though? If it's a TON then it may be a limit-type-issue.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2