Vibration issue

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Weird...earlier today I noticed the vibrating function on my phone (while on both silent and normal) stopped working. I restarted my phone, and it worked for a bit but then stopped again. Anyone have this problem or any ideas on what could be causing it? thanks in advance!

Fixxy

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
The issue you're having is caused by one of three things:

1. Your iPhone's vibrator is dying, in which case you'd just need to buy a new one and have it installed.

2. Your iPhone's vibrator isn't making enough contact to receive power.

3. Weird software issue.

#2 is much more likely and can be caused by repeated drops or bumps over time. Do a restore through iTunes and see if that helps. If not, have someone open up your iPhone and make sure everything's making contact. And if that doesn't work, buy a new vibrator. They usually cost about $5 or so.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Fixxy,
Thanks for the info. It's weird...I have only had this phone for about 2 months, and have never dropped it. Do you think it could have anything to do with a charger? It worked today, then I plugged my phone in at work and it stopped. I then restarted my phone and it worked, then plugged it back into the charger and it stopped again. I'm hoping its not a bad vibrator...its basically brand new!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77