How to Fix an Iphone 4 IOS 5.01 Loses Signal Reception and Wifi + Cannot End Call at

BreadLoaft

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I have an Iphone 4 8 Gb with IOS 5.01. I bought this from Kijiji. I am with FIDO and DO NOT have a data plan (DISABLED 3G, DATA). However, My iphone is jail broken with Red Snow. Though My friends who have Iphones with the same jail break have no issues with their Iphone 4s'.

THE PROBLEM: Every now and then (Getting more frequent) my Iphone 4 goes from losing reception, to no signal. As a result I cannot receive calls. While testing my phone (calling my house), it calls my house but when i pick up, there is no voice. ALSO i CANNOT hang up at this point! though when my HOUSE PHONE calls my phone you will hear dialing(through home phone) but no ring (on my iphone). and if a speaker is near it, you will hear that distinguishable Buzz.

TRICKS IVE TRIED BUT ONLY WORK TEMPORARILY:
1) Reset Network Settings (works but temporary)
2) TURN Airplane mode ON AND OFF(receive signal bars but loss of CARRIER "Fido") and still doesnt work
3) Restore Iphone (NEVER DID as it got stuck at the WHITE spinning circle)
4) enable and then disable data (tried once, works so far. Has yet to be considered "temporary")
5) Turning OFF AND ON DOESNT WORK ANYMORE

PLEASE HELP! I dont have alot of money to waste on another Iphone and this has no warranty or nothing.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully a mod will see this and move it to the jailbreak section so you can get help.

Does it run normally in safe mode? Have you installed anything recently? Are the apps from Cydia or "somewhere else"? I understand you tried to restore it and it wouldn't restore?

I would say your going to have to turn off all your MobileSubstate tweaks and apps. Then activate them one by one and see what happens.

BreadLoaft

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully a mod will see this and move it to the jailbreak section so you can get help.

Does it run normally in safe mode? Have you installed anything recently? Are the apps from Cydia or "somewhere else"? I understand you tried to restore it and it wouldn't restore?

I would say your going to have to turn off all your MobileSubstate tweaks and apps. Then activate them one by one and see what happens.
Thanks for reply. Safe mode? um ive installed a couple of apps I guess but nothing has changed since, the issue remains. The apps/tweaks were from installous, cydia, and the original app store. I was JUST told by a friend that I may have a 'tethered' jail break which means it wont restore manually the way i tried it, yet only when i restore it on itunes specifically. I am currently downloading the latest IOS 5.1, and i plan to restore my phone with it. Also, What do you mean by MobileSubstate exactly?

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Safe Mode disables all jailbreak extensions, addons, tweaks etc. and allows you to troubleshoot or remove them. MobileSubstrate has 3 major parts: MobileHooker, MobileLoader and Safe Mode. It is your jailbreak framework.

Correct it could be a tethered jailbreak. In which case you would need to boot tethered...

If you don't care about the jailbreak the easiest thing to do is to restore the phone and upgrade to iOS 5.1. You will loose the jailbreak though.