No sound!!!

pdillow

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello. I have had my iphone4 for about a year or so. just today the ringer quit ringing unless I had the earphones in. When I go to sounds to test my ring volume, it rings then without the headphones just fine. My music also plays just fine. I have also lost the keyboard "clicking" sound, and the click you normally hear when you turn the phone on or off. I have never used my headphones with it, but I tried the trick of inserting and removing the headphones jack several times, but that does nothing. I have also completely restored my phone thru itunes and got nothing. Any help???? PLEASE????

bbstarr

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
This may sound odd....
Gently squeeze the lower right corner of the phone, where the speaker is located. This worked for me.

dtyrewilliams

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
New to the forums but I encountered this problem a few months ago on my ipad2. Turns out I had accidentally hit that little switch that can be used for orientation lock or muting/unmuting. Mine apparently was set to control muting and I could only hear sounds through headphones until I flipped the little switch back.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2