Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Default No sound!!!

Hello. I have had my iphone4 for about a year or so. just today the ringer quit ringing unless I had the earphones in. When I go to sounds to test my ring volume, it rings then without the headphones just fine. My music also plays just fine. I have also lost the keyboard "clicking" sound, and the click you normally hear when you turn the phone on or off. I have never used my headphones with it, but I tried the trick of inserting and removing the headphones jack several times, but that does nothing. I have also completely restored my phone thru itunes and got nothing. Any help???? PLEASE????

When u restored did u set up as new or load from a backup ?

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    iPhone Nanite

3 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

This may sound odd....
    Gently squeeze the lower right corner of the phone, where the speaker is located. This worked for me.
    iPhone Nanite

4 Posts

New to the forums but I encountered this problem a few months ago on my ipad2. Turns out I had accidentally hit that little switch that can be used for orientation lock or muting/unmuting. Mine apparently was set to control muting and I could only hear sounds through headphones until I flipped the little switch back.