not sure if i bricked my phone or not

alan8385#IM

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone!

I have been a reader here for a while but never really got involved. Today, however, I was playing around trying to get a Siri port onto my IP4 and upon following the process that involved WinSCP and iFile my phone is now sitting on the "loading" circle with the dashes that moves around in a circle. The circle is not spinning, it looks frozen except every few minutes the "lit up" dashes will creep farther around the circle like it is loading but very very slowly. It's been like this for 2 hours now so I'm giving up on it coming on on it's own. Everything appeared to work well with the port install and the instructions said to reboot after if was finished. It was during this reboot that I have virtually lost my phone.

I have it plugged into my computer right now and can access it via ssh and ifunbox.

I would prefer not to have to restore and start over. Is there any way for me to uninstall the apparent botched install via ssh or ifunbox? It kind of looks like the only thing not work is the spring board.

Please help! Thanks in advance!

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
You can't Brick an iPhone. Put the phone in DFU mode and restore.

And before you reply with "what is DFU mode" or "how do I get into DFU mode", use Google...

alan8385#IM

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
@Joe I'm fully aware of what DFU mode is and only say brick because my phone will not let me use it

@Massie yes and the tethered boot looks like it's working just fine it's just crapping out when it gets to loading the spring board

ovidiu1305

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Eventhough you said you would like to avoid doing a restore i think thats your best option,especially if you have a backup in itunes

alan8385#IM

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I ended up having to restore. Took me a little while to get the jb to work on 5.0.1 but looks like everything came back from the cloud so not missing anything like i thought i would be.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2