How to hold iPhone when shooting a video?

cinco312

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I never really shoot videos, but tonight I was at a festival and shot some videos. I was holding the phone sideways with the volume buttons facing the sky. When I view the videos on my iPhone, it looks fine. I transferred them to my PC and when I play them it's upside down. Am I holding the phone upside down? Also when I shoot from the normal position, as in when texting, the video is sideways. I then have to rotate it in VLC to view em.

Is there an app or PC app that I can rotate these videos and save them for normal viewing?

Thanks.

c_hack

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
iPhone uses a nonstandard tag for picture and video orientation. The only way to make sure photos and videos are right side up is to hold the phone with the buttons on the bottom when in landscape mode. You can correct picture EXIF data after the fact to fix upside down pictures, but I'm not sure about videos.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Another thing to keep in mind: The orientation is set when the video begins?so if you start in portrait but then switch to landscape one second after you start shooting, the final video will still be all portrait.

Julesw

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
slightly odd, it feels natural to have the button on top right like a camera would for the new start stop (the plus button)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2