Google email/contacts vs using icloud email & contacts sync

abishepherd

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I have recently starting syncing my ipad and iphone contacts to google via the microsoft exchange on the ipad and iphone. I was initially impressed at how well it worked. I add a contact on google and it instantly syncs to my iphone and ipad. Great. The only problem is that I have now noticed that its messed with a lot of my contacts. It wont sync birthdays from google to my my ios devices and its messed about with the format of my contacts. ie its removed some phone numbers that were saved on my iphone with a label that isnt one of the standard google contact labels...

im finding it very frustrated as I dont see the point in syncing something if you are not going to do it properly and while I do love gmail - Ive never had any problems with it until now - I do want to be able to sync birthdays between my email client and my devices.

Has anyone moved over from google to a .me account and how have they found it? Or maybe you have a solution for how I can sync my data between my devices and google without some of the data being lost?

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I ran into a lot of problems with Google, recently, so I did a complete switch. So far, I'm very happy with it.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!