Email problem

Phil DeLong

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes when I am typing an email on my phone, instead of jumping to the next line when the text reaches the edge of the screen, it just keeps going across on the same line, making it very difficult to see what I have already typed. Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone know how to fix it?

Phil DeLong

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Ah okay, that could very well be as it only happens some of the time, and it always happens with the same people. There's no way for me to get around that is there?

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Not that I'm aware of for the i device, you would have to change settings to receive plain text emails but that would effect all email and would look horrible. But like I said I don't think you can do that on a i device. I guess you could just create a new email and copy and paste the contents of the original into it if you wanted the original info in the reply, PIA though.

reckrab

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
That happens to me on some Replies, I think it's the formatting of the original email.

The same thing happens to me and now that you mention it it's always with the same people. I looked for ways to change the formatting of my replies but there aren't any settings for that at least in native OS. Maybe there's an app for that.....;)

Phil DeLong

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Not that I'm aware of for the i device, you would have to change settings to receive plain text emails but that would effect all email and would look horrible. But like I said I don't think you can do that on a i device. I guess you could just create a new email and copy and paste the contents of the original into it if you wanted the original info in the reply, PIA though.

I figured as much, I'll just have to learn to live with it then. Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

anon(5298)

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed this problem occurring in iOS 5 Beta 7 but have not checked to see if there are any formatting settings to address this issue specifically.. Will look around but if anybody knows better please chime in!