I've looked everywhere, I need help here

jerseykirby

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
So I proceeded to update my iPhone 4 from 4.3.2 to 4.3.3 today, low and behold the update freezes. I go into recovery mode or DFU mode if this is the correct term and attempt to do a restore. Once again, STUCK IN RESTORE mode now. I've been at this for about 2 hours now and have come to a dead end. Anyone know what I can do to fix the situation?

dallasnights

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Answer maybe

I believe it has something to do with your host file in windows/ system32, driver/etc
You need to edit it and take out the cydia ip address first, then reboot and try it, google the cydia IP and youll find it to know what to delete

I had this problem before and that was my solution

BTW i belive its a read only file, so make sure you first go into right click properties and take it off read only to edit in notepad ++ which is what I use, then when you get rid of the cydia IP address save again as read only by doing the same in properties and then reboot

Good Luck!

PS
When you use tinyumbrella later it will put the cydia host back in there if you want after you JB and restore

Also make sure you do a full clean restore, I know the baseband will update but you can still JB if you are not worried about changing carriers like me who is on ATT

Rusty Shackelford#IM

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
My limited knowledge is more on the mac side of things but there are a couple suggestions I can give you. I would say try restoring from DFU mode. Redsnow is a good program to use for this. Even though it is for jaibreaking, just select the "DFU Mode" button. You can get redsnow here.

Also I would suggest making sure your host files are clear. Video instructions for mac and pc can be found here.

Hopefully some of this helps.

Reactions: jerseykirby

jerseykirby

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I am currently reinstalling iTunes. See if this works. I also tried the video you provided me Rusty, but my computer would not copy the host file into notepad while run as admin for no reason I can tell. Thank you for your input though.

jerseykirby

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
To the both of you, I appreciate all of the help. The uninstall and reinstall of iTunes did the trick so again, big thank you to the both of you!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2