Transfer SMS/Text Messages to Iphone from Android

simbany1

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I recently made the switch to the Iphone from my HTC Incredible. I really loved that phone, but also got an Ipad 2 and saw how things just worked with Apple. It's just buttery smooth. I miss some of the functionality and open-ness of android, but I just don't have the time to root and keep up with all the kernels all the time - to keep my phone at tip top performance levels...

I have all my contacts, calendar, etc sync'd up with my google and exchange accounts. But what I don't have are my text messages from my Incredible. I communication a lot via text with my employees, so it would be really helpful to have the historical SMS info on my Iphone rather than having to go back to my Incredible to check the SMS there.

I've google'd this and most of the info out there is to move SMS texts from the Iphone to Android and not to the Iphone. Android has an SMSBackupRestore program that makes backing up and moving the texts between android phones very simple. But I can't find anything for moving texts from Android to the Iphone. Is it just not available??

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
As far as I know, it's not. SMS and MMS messages are backed up as a part of the iPhone backup, but I know of no app to move them into the iPhone from another device...

simbany1

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Hmm that really stinks. I do have access to the Iphone via iFile. Was hoping there was someway to convert the sms file on Android (that's in xml format) to the iPhone's sms format.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I am not saying that it's not possible... but I am saying there is no way that I am aware of to do it...

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I recently made the switch to the Iphone from my HTC Incredible. I really loved that phone, but also got an Ipad 2 and saw how things just worked with Apple. It's just buttery smooth. I miss some of the functionality and open-ness of android, but I just don't have the time to root and keep up with all the kernels all the time - to keep my phone at tip top performance levels...

I have all my contacts, calendar, etc sync'd up with my google and exchange accounts. But what I don't have are my text messages from my Incredible. I communication a lot via text with my employees, so it would be really helpful to have the historical SMS info on my Iphone rather than having to go back to my Incredible to check the SMS there.

I've google'd this and most of the info out there is to move SMS texts from the Iphone to Android and not to the Iphone. Android has an SMSBackupRestore program that makes backing up and moving the texts between android phones very simple. But I can't find anything for moving texts from Android to the Iphone. Is it just not available??

You can get texts out of an iPhone back up but I've never heard of a way to get them into the iPhone or specifically into the SMS app. I don't have any idea how you would even attempt to do it. It's likely not possible.

IMO, if you need to save messages that are that important that you need a record of them use email and not SMS.

entwined82

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
How about exporting to a document and then using like documents to go and searching for the relevant info? That can't be much harder to deal with than fishing through the old messages.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2